City & FFP | 2020/21 Accounts released | Revenues of £569.8m, £2.4m profit (p 2395)

I also think that the main reason these things get posted around the time of big City fixtures is because that's when there'll be the most interest in that type of piece. Feel free to call me a cockwomble or a spunktrumpet or whatever.
That is bollocks sorry. They've clearly been sat on this, the United derby would have been a better time to do it by your logic.

See I can't take you seriously, when you're seriously trying to tell me the timing of this was about anything other than disrupting City to maximum effect. Or to use your favourite saying "you have to be seriously naive" to believe that it's anything but that. ;)

That is bollocks sorry. They've clearly been sat on this, the United derby would have been a better time to do it by your logic. See I can't take you seriously when you're seriously trying to tell me the time of this was co-incidental.

I don't think so - City v Liverpool as a league-decider in the midst of UCL knockout games is definitely a bigger moment of attention/scrutiny for the club than a game against a struggling United who were no-where near us. I'm saying it wasn't coincidental, it's just that publications will try and publish pieces when there is most interest around a story - that's why, as this whole thread has been saying, this type of thing gets published in the lead-up to big, attention-grabbing games for City. I don't think it's because they're trying put the club off the match or anything, even if they obviously don't like us.

It's eight o'clock in the morning mate, I'm making some toast

All I'll say is that the emails don't look great - it's easy to see how someone reading them would come to the conclusion that there's fudgery occurring, and I don't think there's a very high chance at all that we didn't come up with some creative ways to slip through financial regulation nets with sponsorship deals at some point.
Not like they'd cut and paste parts of emails or anything :O

No evidence…
You are being naive mate, those 11 instances of no evidence after the accounts have been forensically examined by leading experts in their field for the prosecution and defence means nothing.

We have @The Pandorica Opened posting, a leading expert on fûck all stating we have committed serious financial crimes with zero evidence to back up anything he is saying.

You are being naive mate, those 11 instances of no evidence after the accounts have been forensically examined by leading experts in their field for the prosecution and defence means nothing.

We have @The Pandorica Opened posting, a leading expert on fûck all stating we have committed serious financial crimes with zero evidence to back up anything he is saying.
Dont forget we now are inflating sponsorship deals as well. The club has a lot to answer for with these new allegations. Its like Gary fucking Neville has joined bluemoon...........................

Not like they'd cut and paste parts of emails or anything :O
Aye, I'm not supporting Der Speigel or anything lol, I just find it hard to believe that our finances haven't been arranged in a, let's say, elegant way to slip through regulations at some point during this ownership, whether it's in this particular case or not. I mean, we did get done for it once, let's not forget - but like I've said more than once, I don't really care. I think the regulations we're slipping through are often poorly-envisioned rules in the first place, and I think basically every club at this level is doing similar stuff to some degree. I also don't think there's nearly enough to make anything stick in this or the EPL investigation, particularly if stuff can be time-barred from that period. So, you know, breathe. Let's all put some Bob Marley on, have a kit-kat.

I think maybe it's just a high-emotions part of the season and City fans have built up a very Us vs Them mentality about this sort of thing, so even the fairly mild suggestion that, say, City-related pieces are published around the time of big City games because that's when the piece will get the most attention and make the most money, rather than the publication wanting to mess up the club's psyche ahead of a big game, becomes outrageous and ridiculous.

At the end of the day I'm just another clueless twat chatting about football over some beans on toast, it's chill lol

I don't think so - City v Liverpool as a league-decider in the midst of UCL knockout games is definitely a bigger moment of attention/scrutiny for the club than a game against a struggling United who were no-where near us. I'm saying it wasn't coincidental, it's just that publications will try and publish pieces when there is most interest around a story - that's why, as this whole thread has been saying, this type of thing gets published in the lead-up to big, attention-grabbing games for City.
I realised you weren't saying it was co-incidental, I've rephrased that.

I disagree. It would have got the same attention in the United derby(their cup final), don't they have a bigger fanbase than Liverpool? Personally, for the purpose of maximum exposure, it doesn't make sense to me to release it so close to the game because it's more likely to get buried in all the build-up talk(you don't want to be competing with other stuff). After a big game, or end of the season, especially if City win would get a lot of attention too. I think you're underestimating that they already know their target audience and the demand there is for it, it doesn't really matter when they released it in that respect.

I don't think it's because they're trying put the club off the match or anything, even if they obviously don't like us.
I prefer the phrase disruption over your dumbed down version thankyou.

"I don't see how anyone can think" causing maximum disruption to City before a key fixture of the season, isn't exactly why they chose to release it so close to this game "and I maintain you're naïve" to argue with that. ;)

I realised you weren't saying it was co-incidental, I've rephrased that.

I disagree. It would have got the same attention in the United derby(their cup final), don't they have a bigger fanbase than Liverpool? Personally, for the purpose of maximum exposure, it doesn't make sense to me to release it so close to the game because it's more likely to get buried in all the buildup talk. After a big game, or end of the season, especially if City win would get a lot of attention too. I think you're underestimating that they already know their target audience and the demand there is for it, it doesn't really matter when they released it in that respect.

I prefer the phrase disruption over your dumbed down version thankyou.

"I don't see how anyone can think" causing maximum disruption to City in a key fixture of the season isn't exactly why the chose to do it so close to this game "and I maintain you're naïve" to argue that. ;)

Just have to agree to disagree - I think the amount of media attention from the world at large on City is much more intense right now, in the lead up to the big title-deciding clash with Liverpool and between two UCL knockout games, is much higher than it was at the time of the derby. It's not just the fanbases of the teams involved, it's the whole international audience, which I think are much more interested in the Big EPL Showdown than the Manchester Derby.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.