Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we are going to pay him 500k a week the total package is still reasonable for a player of his calibre

64m buyout
40m agent dad
130m 5 year package for Haaland

That’s a total package of 234m which is a fucking bargain!

It will be due to amortisation, normal transfer fee offset against years on contract but release clause paid in full upfront, cocks up the figures for a financial year due to high spend

Grealish would be 20 million per year over 5 years (can't remember what he signed already lol)

Haaland 75

Better for us if we offset it
Genuine accounting question, as I don't know the answer, but why would a release clause be treated differently? Basically the player is considered an asset that devalues over time, so why would it matter whether we pay what Dortmund wanted last season or what is in the release clause this? Or does FFP work on cashflow rather than accruals?

As I posted on Friday , the leaks in the media are likely to be everywhere this coming week .. the leaks are from the dortmund side , city wanted to keep it quiet but understand it’s almost impossible to keep a deal so big like this to not get leaked, especially with social media these days. Don’t believe the rubbish about 500k a week , he will be a top earner no doubt but that’s just us being clever , we never replaced torres or aguero which will pay him , oh and also we never replaced silva , with Fernandinho , Mendy leaving and more I’m lead to believe , there’s plenty of money in the kitty .. expect a big summer ahead .

Matheus Nunes? or Aurelien Tchouameni??

An LFC mate who’s clearly getting salty about this move already:

“It isn’t actually mate. And if you were on the receiving end you’d fucking hate it. How we are competing and knocking you out of competitions under the circumstances is nothing short of incredible”
He’s living in fantasy land. How we’re top and have won everything we have since Klopp arrived is nothing short of incredible. We’re actually competing and winning more than a club with the best keeper, the 2 best full backs, the best centre back, the best midfielder, the best front 3, the best player and the best manager in not only the premier league, or even Europe, but indeed the world. Or so we’re fcuking constantly told.

“It isn’t actually mate. And if you were on the receiving end you’d fucking hate it. How we are competing and knocking you out of competitions under the circumstances is nothing short of incredible”
I must have imagined the worlds most expensive goalkeeper and centrehalf.

Especially now that Ian Rush has retired... ;-)

I pity the skinflint scousers, haven't had a pot to piss in for years. How they have built that squad up made of free transfers and academy lads is truly remarkable

Nearly all transfers are paid in installments over time, very few are ever paid in total upfront. When psg paid for Neymar, the most high profile one that was paid in its entirety, it ruined them for the next several transfer windows, they were restricted to loans and freebies. I'm not going to go through specific scenarios of why we might want to stagger it because none of us have a clue what we are planning on doing in the market over the summer or next few seasons or how the cash flow forecasts are looking, nor can I be bothered to look at the latest financial statements to see current figures. just know there's an abundance of accounting reasons why we might favour that approach even if its cheaper to pay his release clause.
Load of hogwash, to activate the release clause you have to deliver the fee in its entirety.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.