Brighton (H) | Post Match Thread

Amazing team and good performance tonight. KDB magnificent. Hope our crowd get behind this wonderful side now. All cup finals from here on in. We need to match that Anfield atmosphere. Top of the League.

I thought we were good in the first half too. If one of those sitters goes in I reckon a lot of others would have felt the same.

Nowt wrong with the first half apart from missing a goal or 2.
Mahrez should've had 2 or 3.
We didn't panic and carried on in the second and the goals game.

Lots of singing in South Stand first half which was great considering they didn't bring many and were quiet.

Honestly thought Ake was like a fish out of water out wide and involved in the attacks which was basically all of the first half. I thought he must've been substituted for tactical reasons but now some suggesting it may be an injury.
Think he would've been crooked anyway.
Don't know if it's confidence or what but even dilly dallying over a throw in when we needed to keep it going to get a goal.

Centre half yes but he's no full back.

And those saying Bernardo needs a rest ha ha ha, he was fuckin immense, everywhere. That closing down of the keeper first half which basically disrupted their whole move / Time wasting and we won the ball back was brilliant.

KDB, what a performance "it's my ball and fuck you I'm running with it!"

All in all a good night.
Ake limping for the last 20 minutes of the first half.

We still need that early goal in every game we play otherwise we panic and lose our composure, as was evident in the first half display tonight. Pep obviously had words at the break and that 2nd half was so much better, expecting the same again on Saturday tbqh. Great win lads, but we can improve so much more still

Often it’s hard to see if we’re on the way to an easy three nil win, or a frustrating nil nil draw. I suppose that’s to do with the way we try to control the game, with out always making the most of our chances.

It’s going to be tough every game now but we know we have a team that can handle the pressure of a title run in. The only problem is Liverpool seem to be able to too.

Our fixtures are easier (meaning up till now they’ve been harder) so with the point advantage we are definitely most likely.

Last edited:
Great result tonight. Brighton are a very well organised team and made it extremely difficult in the first half. Thought we also wasted a couple of good chances. Much better in the second half and Kev was absolutely outstanding. His determination and drive to get us forward and in good positions was top class. Just hope that this result will silence some of those negative, pessimistic posters from the pre match thread.

We still need that early goal in every game we play otherwise we panic and lose our composure
Do we ? Or do you mean you do ?

We won 3-0 tonight despite not scoring until 53 minutes ;-)

It could have been 5, 6, or 7 in reality, remember the Leicester game a few years ago, and Vinny, wasn't "early".

Suggest you grow a set.

First half we looked very nervous like everyone else says and I think we went into the game to try to get an early goal, but it never came. We did well, but it just wouldn't go in and we've all seen these games before...! I thought Stones was superb first half with great interceptions and passing. Make no mistake, he is the best English central defender by a country mile. An absolute Rolls-Royce of a player.

Second half was a different story though once the first goal went in. What a run by KdB - it must have been the 5th or so run he'd made from midfield before lining up a shot or playing someone else in. He was absolutely superb and dare I say it, without him, it would've been a long night. We need to keep him fit as he can change any game on his day.

I don't know what was up with Gundogan but, for me, he was shocking tonight. Bad passes, getting in the way and passing to the ref... it's not like him at all and he's not played too much recently. I hope he's just had one off night as he's a class player on his day.

Great to see Dias back, he is a genuine world class player and when he is with Stones it really takes something special to get past them. As good as Laporte and Ake are, Dias and Stones are just better it's as simple as that.

One last comment on Brighton - what a superb manager Graham Potter is. They played decent football and with what they have, they gave us a game until the goal went in. They play decent football and have some decent players - they won't be going down for a while. When I think about the Liverpool v United game last night, Brighton showed more ability, class and tactics than United did by an absolute mile. I think Potter will end up at a bigger club in the next season, he is a superb manager.

Overall, a great result and back to the top. If we keep on "keeping on" then the league is ours. I'd love to give Watford their usual beating and get the GD back in our favour though!

COME ON CITY!!
He was playing with a flat back 10.
They only came forward after we scored.
Absolutely no adventure from them at all.
Considering their position in the league why not try and entertain their own fans.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.