Liverpool Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot of talk about how many penalties Mo Salah gets/wins/whatever 15 or 20 a season probably. I also see a lot of facts quoted on here. Yes Liverpool have had more penalties than any other Premier League side, one more than Man Utd I believe. But I did not think Salah had been awarded that many so I tried to find out but only came up with those he had taken. And then I thought 2 things have happened, Klopp arrives and then VAR, which according to this site would basically relegate Liverpool as we seemed to score about 20 blatantly offside goals a season. So I looked at the pen stats since 2017/18 and it seems if you look in the right place (myfootballfacts.com) stats will tell you what you/I want to believe.
City 57, Utd 51, Chelsea 41, Liverpool 39, Arsenal 34, Spurs 33.

Id prefer you go from Liverpool becoming competitive. Regardless you must think it’s fishy that Liverpool have these stats like 40 odd games not conceding pens, until Robertson rightly sent off a long period without a red where many can give you examples of red card offences and penalties. As recently as weekend just gone. Look at the premier league tweet after your game. Deluded yourself all you want, we are often told our titles are hollow, they’re fucking huge overcoming teams and organisations who are pushing for rivals to win. Now go get a bath.

And therein lies the problem with statistics.

It would be interesting to see how many of those Liverpool penalties came at game changing moments and how many of those City penalties were awarded when the game had already been put to bed.

So many times over the last few seasons Liverpool have struggled to make inroads against teams until they were 'awarded' a controversial free kick/penalty.
Just like the VAR table that keeps popping up whenever bias or corruption is discussed, or photos of the handball incident with Rodri. Statistics can be deceptive "There are three kinds of lies, lies damnned lies and statistics."

I used to think exactly the same thing. I actually quite used to like Liverpool. I remember Emlyn Hughes on "A Question of Sport" and thought he was a lovely person. Nowadays I despise LiVARpool and everything they represent. It's of course coincidence that after thirty years, with United not able to compete, LiVARpool are getting all the decisions. They "wouldn’t want to see City running away with it" though.
Reminds me of Billy Beaumont former Rugby captain. He was portrayed as a cuddly friendly Teddy bear. I thought so too until l worked with someone who lived diagonally opposite him who said that Beaumont was a twat and was not liked in the village for his big-headed ways demanding to be served first in shops and pubs and generally acting as if he owned all Lancashire

Hair transp
He had a hair transplant a few years ago,might need a top up.
Hair transplant
Lazer eye treatment
False teeth
Bags under eyes removed

Anyone might think he was somewhat vain - until you look what a scruffy twat he looks wearing the club shop. He's never out of it.

Klopp.jpg

"I'm getting the word..?"

Newcastle haven't been beaten at home since we beat them, won 6 drawn 2 so not a sure thing for dippers this weekend..

Newcastle haven't been beaten at home since we beat them, won 6 drawn 2 so not a sure thing for dippers this weekend..
Let's not kid ourselves. Newcastle will make it hard for them.... right up to the point that the referee awards the Dipper's a contentious free kick/penalty and then the flood gates will open.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.