Real Madrid (A) Post Match Thread

100%. I struggle to name a game Ederson has won for us with saves. I can name about ten this season de Gea has for them

He’s not good enough at stopping shots. Simple.
It has to be said that De Gea has kept those idiots in the top half of the league for quite a few years.

One thing I would say is that a cheeky punt on Henderson as to compete with Eddy would be worth a try. He might have a medical issue post Covid but if healthy he could be proper competition. Much as a like Steffen, there's just no way he's good enough to be our back up keeper. As we have seen in successive FA Cup S/F's...

Better than the hologram Bravo before him. Eddie is having a bit of a spell, all keepers go through them. He will come back bigger and better than ever. It's such fine margins at top level sport, be grateful as we are so lucky to have him and won't one day.
When you put it that way I’m inclined to agree

Pep is fucked? Really? Fucking idiotic post, who do you want? I could do with a fucking good laugh.
I didn't say I want anybody else, I said he was fucked! And it has been proven tonight, there is something, a curse, juju, etc...god knows what, he is knees deep in this pattern of losing knock-out games in the most astonishing manner. And then there was tonight! I love the man and I want him for the nest 10 seasons, I enjoy watching his football, but after 9 tears following him in the CL and some cup games, I absolutely expect nothing of him when it comes to the CL.

It's amazing how we good we are in the PL and at the same time have this bizarre allergy with this competition. Bent ref or not, I think we should already have won a couple CL's these past 10 years. Our approach needs to change in this competition. The club also needs to have a go at UEFA and give them an earful to give us proper refs. You think English refs are bad, take a look at European refs with agenda.

oh just shut the fuck up about refs please everyone on the forum.

we get an absolute tidal wave of soft pens at home when sterling runs into someone and does his falling over trick. no handball against rodri at everton. penalty against wolves that was never one. Ferna escaping bookings for years and years

there is no conspiracy, just normal ‘home’ decisions given like throughout football history.
No. Soft pens aren’t the point - strikers have played for those throughout history. The standard of refereeing in our key games is poor. Atlético away, Leeds away spring go mind, some bizarre and dangerous decisions.

I agree that there is no conspiracy, but psychology will be a factor, I sometimes think refs - subconsciously or consciously - try and level things up: Ederson getting a yellow as soon as he scratches his arse before taking a goal kick, Grealish suddenly dropping down the most fouled list. The bar is higher for us, we have to prove beyond all reasonable doubt to get anything when it matters. The ref was shit tonight and shitter after their pen (a nailed on, played for soft pen - still a pen). Not the reason we lost, but a contributing factor so I’ll continue to mention the officials when it needs mentioning.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.