Real Madrid (A) Post Match Thread

As much as we cry out for a striker, people should be conscious of the reduction of chances we create, hopefully a clinical striker negates that, but make no mistake, less dominance is inevitable in terms of creative opportunities..
Not necessarily. We created just as much with Aguero leading the line. Actually I feel like we created MORE than we do now in the Sane-Aguero-Sterling days, it was relentless. Also, quite often our false 9 is not in the game, neither as a creator nor a finisher. There’d also be a load of chances created with a striker that weren’t possible without one.

Of course it is a contributing factor, but we’ve got a defence that regularly buckles when it is put under pressure. For the money spent it should be rock solid and it is definitely not!
Yes it's an odd one. Dias for me has been dodgy for a while, Stones has definitely been the best centre back this year, Ake has done well and I would use him more. Cancelo of late has gone to pot too. Walker has been missed greatly but Zinchenko has done well despite the turmoil going on in his home country.

I thought Ederson could have done more on their first goal
Their second was a touch fortunate, glancing off the player in front before the bullet header
Dias was naive on the pen, but I'm certain he got the ball

Bernardo was brilliant tonight as was Walker

We should have buried that tie in the first 20 minutes at home, but that's what you get in a cup competition

I'm logging off now till Sunday and I'm certainly staying away from any football until then

See you all later x
Me too

I thought Ederson could just have stepped Forward to close the Space, and easily gather the Ball from the cross .It actually looks like he thinks it is going to land in his arms. Before An easy Header hits the back of our net.

Might be great with his feet, really is his only redeeming quality.

I didn't fancy us if it went to Penalties because he tends to jump to either side before the Ball is even hit.

I think a Static Traffic Cone would at least save something.

Oh do fuck off soft lad I've been supporting us since 1968. I'm stabbing nobody, nor am I placing the blame all on him. He dies make the odd decent save but he also dithers on crosses and let's in some very saveable shots.
What does how long you've supported city have to do with anything at all? Lol
He's in the top 2 or 3 all round goalkeepers in the planet and you think he is no good. Who else would you have who is better and would fit in with our style of play?

Joe did fade badly and his technical weaknesses were mercilessly exploited. But...

On more than one occasion Joe actually won us games or kept us in games we could have been blown away in.

As a pure goalkeeper I don't think Eddy is that good. But I suppose we have to accept the compromise of him basically having to be as good as an outfield player with the ball at his feet.

Most of the time the balance works in our favour... occassionally not.

I'm not blaming Eddy for tonight, its more a general observation.
Agree. Eddy is amazing because you feel he does try ..all the time..just that he's not that good really

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.