Real Madrid (A) Post Match Thread

So after a shit night's sleep my reflections.

Did Pep's subs have a positive effect on Madrid. He took off three penalty takers in KDB, Jesus and Mahrez obviously thinking it wouldn't go to penalties. But did he also have an eye on the league? Jesus in particular was having a good game and whilst I understood the need for fresh legs etc I am not sure they were the right subs.
Mentally I think the players thought it was won hence the lapse in concentration for the first goal. Look at when the cross came in, everyone bar Cancelo on the 18 yard line but he was so worried about Benzema he had stepped back into the box playing him on. Dias then isn't aware that Rodrygo is behind him and Ederson also doesn't see him as he thinks it's an easy take. Second goal a little unfortunate as the flick on the ball just takes it away from Laporte. We are talking fine margins here that in big games you need to have to get over the line.
The ref was shocking, three yellows for Casemiro not given (foul on KDB, pull back on Foden and the dive) which helped him play the way he did. Yellow for Laporte for having his throat grabbed, no foul on Sterling given on the edge of the box, foul by Foden when it was the other way around, the list goes on. Anyone also notice that once Madrid were ahead the ball boys who had been throwing the balls back almost before they crossed the line suddenly had a reluctance to even stand up from their seats. Not sure where six minutes came from at the end of the game but why only three at the end and then why blow up on 2.50. It's a minimum of three minutes to play not let's blow when I feel like it.
Lot's of positives though, the best being I don't have to fork out for three tickets, three flights and accommodation etc with money I was going to struggle to find.
Chins up lads and lasses, let's smash the Geordies and win the league. Fuck the media, refs and opposing fans. We're Man City we fight to the end.
Great post till the last sentence

I know its just how i feel right now. Im sulking. Like never before

2-0 up with 2 mins to go!!!!

If we hadn’t turned around a 2-0 deficit against Gillingham in the last couple of minutes our history would be very different and we wouldn’t be talking about being disappointed about losing a CL semi against Real Madrid.

It’s football - that’s why we love it.

Some are blanking out the media for a week, and worried about what others will say. Just think how Pep is feeling this morning, with ‘can’t win it without Messi’ ringing in his ears.

We had a striker last season & he did quite well.

I don't really know why anybody would use "potentially" out scoring Liverpool as a positive after exiting the champions league. The reason we need a striker is because we EXITED the champions league.

Also last season was our time & Pep dropped a clanger of a selection in the final.

A striker who wasn't a striker.

Outscoring Liverpool without a striker to speak of, winning titles in the process, suggests the lack of a striker is marginal gains at best and revisionism when it's required.

We scored five goals against Real Madrid.

We needed to score six just to take it to penalties.

That would suggest a mentality and a defensive problem, not a lack of goals in the team!

Having reviewed that last 5 mins all night in my mind. It stands out how much we missed a leader. Why on earth with a few minutes to go are we still trying to score.

crazy tactics. Madrid wasted 15 mins if not more killing the game we can’t do that for 1 minute. That’s why we are out.

lack of instruction from the bench & pitch. We even took throwings quickly in the last minutes at 2 up
We used to be able to control games, just keep possession and see out games, now we keep trying to play beautiful football no matter what.
The players seem to lack a collective intelligence at times, sometimes i wonder if they are over coached

Last edited:
Having reviewed that last 5 mins all night in my mind. It stands out how much we missed a leader. Why on earth with a few minutes to go are we still trying to score.

crazy tactics. Madrid wasted 15 mins if not more killing the game we can’t do that for 1 minute. That’s why we are out.

lack of instruction from the bench & pitch. We even took throwings quickly in the last minutes at 2 up
Yep correct. As soon as they got their first we should have kept the ball even gone down and stayed down, to concede 2 in two minutes is unprofessional but also unlucky.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.