Real Madrid (A) Post Match Thread

I'd agree we were poor defending for sure, but could have put to bed in leg 1 with better strike rate

I do hope Stones is fit for run in Laporte / Dias neither looked commanding....

True, but Pep also can't legislate for Laporte handball and also allowing Viniscus a 30-yard free run in on goal.

We scored four at home, that should be enough against any team, whether it be Real Madrid or not.

So mad at pep, he fucked it with three subs when we haf it in the bag , it disrupted us and when it went to extra we had no kev, ffs or gabby to grab us a goal , he is so insecure he fails the lads again and again

The goal came from great play between Zinchenko and Gundogan who then slotted it through to Bernardo. Grealish then came on and had two very good chances to score which he created himself pretty much. Who went off was maybe an issue. I'd have taken Foden off rather than Gabby. He had a quiet game and didn't look up to speed with it, particularly in the centre. Gabby might have ensured Grealish's shot went over the line through following the ball, rather than stopping like Foden did which allowed Mendy to get back and clear it.

The Fernandinho for Mahrez sub was to try and prevent Vinicius from having success down that side, but perhaps the change in shape there was the downfall.

If Pep hadn't have made subs and we had have conceded we'd be crucifying him. His changes got us the goal, the players then didn't see it out. When the first went in someone should have done a Militao and rolled around on the floor for 5 minutes to take the sting out of the game and kill a bit of momentum. Allow us to reset.

So mad at pep, he fucked it with three subs when we haf it in the bag , it disrupted us and when it went to extra we had no kev, ffs or gabby to grab us a goal , he is so insecure he fails the lads again and again
He brought on experience to try and close the game. Kev, Jesus had run out of steam and were giving the ball away. Subs did not prevent the loss. If anything it shows how weak our squad is atm having to wheel Fern on.

Freaky game. Jack had 2 great chance and Cancelo also had a good chance. We lost our heads. Nothing pep can do about that.

As for failing the lads??? I would say they lads failed him badly again by defending like crap and not being calm enough to see the game out. It’s all on the players.

Sat at Madrid airport, surrounded by all their plastic fans going back to wherever they come from. Some very sad Blues. Well...firstly - well done to the fans - perfect behaviour all afternoon in the square - despite being faced by hoards of bored Spanish 'RoboCops' hoping it would kick off, and great vocal support..until the very end. And even then as we waited to get out - some choruses of 'We never win at home...'.

I am not here to say it was Pep's fault for the subs, or the invisible Mahrez (until the goal) or KDB not being quite right, etc etc etc. It is what it is - and it fucking hurts. The walk back to the hotel was both humiliating and desperate. I did think the team - other than Ferna, Bernardo and Foden all seemed to fuck off down the tunnel without so much as a half hearted clap to the faithful perched up in the Gods - but I suppose, after that you just want to get off that pitch pretty damn fast.

So well played Real, even if that meant fouling, faking injuries and generally fucking about - but that's how you sometimes need to win - it might look ugly (although not as ugly as their neighbours) but there's a game plan experience that we seem to lack on these stages.

So - onto Newcastle lads - heads up - time to focus on the title. We need to move on - and we can spend the summer working out why and what went wrong - we have a title to retain.

As for Real - go fucking win it now.....please....its the least you owe us.
Feel for you pal, can only imagine how painful that walk back to the hotel would have been for all the blues there...If its any consolation you all came through loud and proud on the box which is no mean feat up in the gods in that stadium...Just hit the mini bottles on the flight back to begin the road to recovery

True, but Pep also can't legislate for Laporte handball and also allowing Viniscus a 30-yard free run in on goal.

We scored four at home, that should be enough against any team, whether it be Real Madrid or not.

Any rumours or rumblings that we might be in for a Fernandinho replacement, fullbacks?

With 37yo Fern and a immobile Gundogan our midfield was wide open for them. That along with no replacement for Walker.

Would be nice if the club fixed the squads weaknesses in one summer for once.

Maybe we should ask Mansour to sell the club! Drop down a few divisions and never play in the champions league again. Get a banner going… supporting a successful club is far too stressful ;)

We want to be shit again. Off to watch Gillingham win on YouTube just so I can pine over that fluorescent kappa kit!

Proud of the boys for what they have achieved. We cannot slag them for what happened, they tired everything. This is Real Madrid and not any team, they know how to win!

The nerves got to them and I cannot blame them. We will try again next year. We need more time to win the Champions League and we will eventually win it.

I just want to win the PL this year whatever happens cause that's more important for me. Winning more and more PLs will help us build the confidence to believe that we can win the CL.

We just need more time

Cliché ridden bollocks I'm afraid.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.