Real Madrid (A) Post Match Thread

I felt worse last night… Porto was a fantastic weekend ruined by a fucking crazy starting 11.. We all said in the ground “we’re getting beaten here” So we had all game to accept that Pep had got it massively wrong

Pep didn't get it massively wrong in Porto, he didn't get it so wrong as to excuse the performance the players gave then.

He picked his strongest available 11 last night and made sensible substitutions but the players fucked it up in the end.

Everyone concerned has to learn and do better.

For 2 seasons Debruyne has played through the pain barrier with probably injections for an ankle injury .
What he needs is a complete break with no international shite football & he will be back to his best.
Anyone writing him off must be crazy .
Agreed. He was injured by Casamero in the first half last night. He was good up to that point and has been outstanding in our last few games. Just needs a rest from all football.

Kev was injured.
Shouldn't have even started then. Over-reliance on him due to someone not being prepared to go the extra mile for Harry Kane.
We'd have won the PL by now if we'd signed Kane, and would have a much stronger squad for the CL.

Lessons being learned the hard way.

I am over it already.

We missed Stones badly last night. La Porte really is a fucking jinx. Cost us in the first Leg, cost us last night, Cost us against Lyon, Cost us against Liverpool, Cost us against Spurs. etc etc.

Over rated bang average defender, who seems to fuck up for us in every game that really matters.

I feel a bit for Dias because i don't think he is a bad defender. He had a phenomenal run of clean sheets with Stones last season when La Porte was injured.

Think our back line is all over the show with La Porte in Big games.

Felt for Kyle Walker and Bernado,Kyle left everything out there last night for us, what a player. Bernado the same.

We focus on the League now and win it.

Bernardo, Walker and Grealish were amazing (we finally saw Aston Villa Grealish) but Laporte and Ederson can piss off.
Once we get the big viking we have to win it in the next 2 seasons!

Our current group of players have four games left to deliver what I and many other Blues consider to be the most important trophy.

Win the PL or not, in my opinion, significant changes are needed to update and improve the squad for next season.

On what the club and staff will have considered to be the most important night of the season, a few players demonstrated very clearly that they're either not up to it mentally, or simply aren't good enough.

Cancelo - Inconsistent, indisciplined angry little man. A very average defender whose main contribution to City has been to mask/delay the our continuing need for a proper left back.

Laporte - Just not good enough. Potentially weak character. Can't be trusted. Proved that when he opted to play for Spain when France didn't pick him. Nathan Ake is a far more reliable defender.

De Bruyne -.Went into hiding last night when most needed. Completely overshadowed by the RM midfielders. Certainly nothing like a leader and shouldn't be anywhere near the captain's armband. World class? Not any more he's not. We'll be lucky to get one more good season out of him. I’ve said it before; Ward-Prowse would be a great replacement, and would flourish at City.

Sterling - Time to go. One good game in ten, rarely looks like he's interested. His cameo last night may well have been his last game, he was weak and shockingly poor. Cole Palmer would have been a better option.

Mahrez - Cash in if clubs are offering good money.

Jesus - Another angry little man. Just not good enough against strong, organised defences. Needs to move abroad to improve his game, because it's not developed in the PL.

Bernardo Silva - The bloke is either becoming too good for City, or City aren't good enough for him
If a few players matched his workrate and showed half his passion for the game, we'd have won the CL for the last two seasons and be looking at a third this month.
He would be running the show at a club like RM, and would most likely win both the CL and Ballon d'or within two years.
The best footballer at City by miles. If we don't strengthen the squad considerably in the summer, he could/should be looking for a move.

Foden, Grealish - Not ready for top level yet. Very raw and need another year or two to develop. Foden has been overplayed, Grealish has been overwhelmed by the big move.

Ederson - The Curate's egg. Good in parts (distribution), less good in others (shot stopping). He's been lucky to be playing behind a team who dominate possession in the PL.
That said, there are few better than him at what he does and he fits in for Pep. That's why he'll still be with us next season

Anyone who thinks Haaland is the missing piece in the current squad could be in for a nasty shock. We need fresh young blood, players with genuine hunger and strongmentality, to maintain current levels and improve on them in the next three years.

Is Pep the man to lead the change? If the club still wants to prioritise the CL, I'm genuinely not sure he is. Change is necessary at player level next season imo, and it's going to take someone with fresh ideas, who's likely to be around for longer than two or three years, and doesn't have a monkey on his back.
There are a couple of decent points in this, cunningly hidden by a pile of horseshit

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.