The Title Race - 2021/22

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Liverpool's last 2 games.

Canon fodder(Southampton) v Liverpool
Liverpool v cannon fodder(Wolves) (just lost 1-5 to City at home)

Unless Southsmpton and Wolves can park the bus, battle like f*ck, and hold out as log as they both can, I can easily see a possible 10 goals for Liverpool in their last 2 games.
You’re mistaking football for horse racing here and thinking ‘last time out‘ translates to what will happen next time.
Wolves still have the 4th best goals against record in the PL, even after last night. They play well on the break, especially against a very high line. Southanpton meanwhile, are one of only 4 teams we’ve not beaten in the PL this season and there are no stats at all that would predict that (or that would be true for Palace and Spuds).
Now, all that’s not to say Liverpool won’t win both games and score plenty of goals but, the beauty of football is, they just might not!

We are Manchester City and we will destroy those who stand before us*. How anyone thinks the title is in doubt is beyond me.

It' s not too easy. They fight for 6th place and they have many chances to get it if they win against us, and us with no defensive players left, it's even harder. Would be a very tough game and I just hope our offense will ignite once more.
I hope their 0-4 victory was not because they have aquired some form but because they have played against a dismantled corpse team, and that they will continue their previous awful form.

Southampton could be harder than many think, especially if City do pick up points at West Ham.

Liverpool play Saturday night in the FA Cup Final and will likely be without Fabinho. It's a quick turnaround for them, especially if there is extra time at Wembley.

I suspect if City win on Sunday, Liverpool will start to play the percentages and go lighter if they lose the FA Cup final and with a Champions League final to also factor.

Last night's win at Wolves was huge. We have a margin of error that means Liverpool can't go all out for goals against Southampton without leaving the back door also open.

Back door left open you say.....

You
Lots of cheers from anfield when they wrongly hear we have gone behind only to hear a minute later that the news is wrong
You'll not get the media agreeing to be complicit in spreading fake news mate, they are all above tgat kind of thing ;)

Actually it's next Tuesday.

We win the league if we draw against the Hammers and they lose.
We win the league if we beat the Hammers and they lose or draw.

Edit: At least that's how I see it, I've had three pints of Leffe and a Wetherspoons Chicken Tikka Masala.
No chance that they won't beat Saints. Unless....

We win on sunday, and they then throw in the towel in the league and rest some of their big hitters for the CL final. Particularly if Chelsea dick them on saturday.

I reckon we'll score a few against Villa - their defence was abysmal the other night and I was amazed Liverpool only got 2. But with Liverpool easily scoring 10 or more goals against Southampton and Wolves combined, we can't rely on goal difference - need at least a draw on Sunday. If I was offered 0-0 now I'd take it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.