#7 | Raheem Sterling - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He still had a major hand in 4/5 goals last night. Imagine if he'd played well
Not sure if you're joking, but it's quite nice to watch the extended highlights on mancity.com for some good entertainment
and one can see Raheem was not involved in goal 1, 3 and 4 whatsoever.
He irritated the keeper for the 2nd and had his tap-in 5th.
Be honest.

frustrating player because he could be so much better.

he has fantastic positioning skills, so the ball can find him very good situations. dont think Jesus, Grealish, Foden has this level of anticipation like sterling.

he is also rarely injured, great fitness, Pep must love this side of him.

but decision making, basic ball skills, are lacking big time and sometimes it makes him look like he doesnt belong to technicians like we have in attack.

imagine sterling with the first touch of Mahrez. he would be 5x the player than Mahrez. and with the shooting skills of KDB etc...

Not sure if you're joking, but it's quite nice to watch the extended highlights on mancity.com for some good entertainment
Be honest.

How was he not involved with the fourth goal? He was arriving at the back post for a tap in which the defender had to intercept, causing the ball to break to De Bruyne

If he doesn’t make that run there is no goal

Ironically the third goal is the one he’s least involved with (aside from the first, obviously) but that’s the one he got an assist for

How was he not involved with the fourth goal? He was arriving at the back post for a tap in which the defender had to intercept, causing the ball to break to De Bruyne

If he doesn’t make that run there is no goal

Ironically the third goal is the one he’s least involved with (aside from the first, obviously) but that’s the one he got an assist for
Ah well. Obviously I have an old-fashioned idea of "major hand/assist".
I just expect more from him but that's probably just me.
Hope he repeats his powerful performance vs N'castle soon.

Who played well and scored? Almost cult like Sterling fans, never heard them ever say he’s had a bad game. If you have eyes you’d see he was average last night. Fluffed chances, lost possession and didn’t have his best game. It’s ok to say. Scoring an open net, which for him I appreciate is extremely difficult; doesn’t take anything away from his performance as a whole which was poor. Played well against Newcastle, didn’t play well last night.
I would say having a direct contribution to every goal (5) in the game is an above average performance but you know maybe that’s just me, maybe that’s the expectation for players and I just didn’t realise

TBH i consider him our worst player, his performances don’t match his wages, nor does his technical ability, genuinely what skill does the guy have except for running fast? He does not have a first touch, not a great passer, can’t cross, can’t score pens, not really a good free kicker, lacks footballing IQ that of Mahrez & Bernardo, did i forget he also has a horrible chance to conversion ratio? And is getting carried by our other players?
I think you also forget the part which states he has the highest shot conversion rate in our squad this season.

Everything he tried to execute last night didn't come off, he was at fault for their goal.

You only have to see Pep reaction to him turning the ball over cheaply when no safe pass was on.

I loved watching him run at people against Leeds and that's the player I always thought he would be.
Seen more criticism for sterling miss placing a pass in a 5-1 win against Wolves than Mahrez did for doing exactly that twice, in more dangerous situations in a 4-3 win against RM which ultimately cost us the tie. How he can be blamed for a goal because he lost the ball in the opponents box is beyond me.

Be honest.
Must be blind if you don’t see any contribution to the third and fourth goals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.