West Ham United (A) | Post-Match Thread

I was a bit concerned before the game, given our injuries in defence. West Ham away can be tricky these days, even with a full squad to choose from, certainly not a guaranteed 3 points. In the end, City were unlucky not to have won that and probably should have had another penalty too. I thought there were some vital contributions from Jesus and Grealish today, even Mahrez for the second goal needs to be acknowledged.

Also lets get it straight, people are using the term "bottling it" far too loosely these days(bollocks twitter narratives). People need to either stop reading what they are saying on RAWK(or Liverpool trolls on twitter) all the time and coming on here to regurgitate it. At least take everything they write with a pinch of salt and laugh at how desperate they are. Liverpool dropped points to Spurs, where was the "bottled it" talk there? Nowhere to be seen. Both teams are capable of dropping points and many expected both teams to do it, when looking at the last 7 games. Neither team will have bottled it really, not if it's gone all the way to the last day of the season. You don't do that without the necessary mental fortitude, coming back from 2-0 down in an important game, is just another example of it.

The Liverpool fans are getting desperate, trying to will a slip up into existence, by questioning our players mentality and some blues are helping them by absolutely shitting it and prophesying doom. I'm glad our players have far bigger bollocks than that or we probably would be in trouble.

If it goes to the final day(pretty sure it will, looking at Southampton's form), then so be it, lets rise to the challenge. The media will be happy that it does and nobody can claim City have made the league uncompetitive that way, not without looking like a clown.

On the plus side, at least City are at home and our crowd can play their part. The other plus, is that we have a full week to prepare. Hopefully we can get some defenders back for that game. Villa are a decent side, with some dangerous attackers and Gerrard will have them motivated to help his old club out. That's to be expected but if City show anything like the quality and resilience they have done in the biggest games this season(Chelsea, Liverpool etc), then City will have far too much for Villa to cope with.

C'mon City!

Last edited:
Guys, if you had been offered a win at home on the last day to be champions at the start of the season, would have jumped at it. Heck would have jumped at it in March.

Win the last game. That's it.

Yes, would've taken that, but our defence is decimated, so it's not the same situation.

Mahrez, Zinchenko & Fernandinho should be nowhere near the starting 11 next Sunday!
I think yes mahrez, but no grealish. Foden on that side.

or fine, if grealish on his wing, then sterling on the other and Mahrez out.

But I think the former combo is better for overall movement while still excellent ball control.

Regardless, I think we’re a little static when grealish and mahrez are on together. And I also don’t prefer grealish playing against villa with whatever baggage comes with that.

Making changes would have changed things for the better. We could have won that. Poor performance masked by coming back from 2 down. WH we’re there for tgd taking in the second half. Poor day for pep.
Yep, the changes may have, or may not have got us back into the game. Who knows, though I reckon the management team has a better idea than anyone.

But the main thing is we didn’t lose and with Ferna playing at the back I was a bit twitchy before the game.

Mahrez can't handle the big moments
Every time we need him to score a pen he misses more or less
A very poor performance today
Relieved that it is still in our hands but Mahrez should be on his way in the summer as his high profile misses are costing us and far outweigh any good work he does. Anyway should have been hooked long before he got to miss the Pen. On another note the anti Var boys on here get egg on their faces again but I suppose they will argue we should have got 2 today.
Obviously…do you not think it was odd he made no changes in the 2nd last game of the season after the amount of games we’ve played coupled with the quality sat on the bench?
No

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.