West Ham United (A) | Post-Match Thread

The only thing that worries me is that we seem to have an element of a bottle-job in our team this season as we have seen in the cups. Mahrez late misses against Liverpool and West Ham today add to that feeling. From a realistic point of view the title should be ours though and I hope a vibrating Etihad will calm our nerves early on. (If needed as Liverpool have to find a win i Southampton first.)

Who plays left back then?

Ake. If he's warning up, he is fit enough to play.

I also think Walker might chuck himself in like Stones did against Real ;)

Watkins' pace up against Fern, Laporte and Zin, is not something I want to see.

I hadn't realised Villa are playing Thursday night?

That's a big advantage now.

Salad, Robertson and Van Dijk won't be risked against Southampton, not with twinges after yesterday.

I was a bit concerned before the game, given our injuries in defence. West Ham away can be tricky even with a full squad to choose from, certainly not a guaranteed 3points. In the end, City were unlucky not to have won that and probably should have had another penalty too. I thought there were some vital contributions from Jesus and Grealish today, even Mahrez for the second goal needs to be acknowledged.

Also lets get it straight, people are using the term "bottling it" far too loosely these days(bollocks twitter narratives). People need to either stop reading what they are saying on RAWK(or Liverpool trolls on twitter) all the time and coming on here to regurgitate it. At least take everything they write with a pinch of salt and laugh at how desperate they are. Liverpool dropped points to Spurs, where was the "bottled it" talk there? Nowhere to be seen. Both teams are capable of dropping points and many expected both teams to when looking at the last 7 games. Neither team will have bottled it really, not if it's gone all the way to the last day of the season. You don't do that without the necessary mental fortitude(coming back from 2-0 down in an important game is another example).

The Liverpool fans are getting desperate, trying to will a slip up into existence by questioning our players mentality and some blues are helping them by absolutely shitting it and prophesying doom. I'm glad our players have far bigger bollocks than that or we probably would be in trouble.

If it goes to the final day(pretty sure it will, looking at Southampton's form), then so be it, lets rise to the challenge. The media will be happy that it does and nobody can claim City have made the league uncompetitive that way, not without looking like a clown.

On the plus side, at least City are at home and our crowd can play their part. The other plus, is that we have a full week to prepare. Hopefully we can get some defenders back for that game. Villa are a decent side, with some dangerous attackers and Gerrard will have them motivated to help his old club out. That's to be expected but if City show anything like the quality and resilience they have done in the biggest games this season(Chelsea, Liverpool etc), then City will have far too much for Villa to cope with.

C'mon City!
I watch the Lpool/ Villa game and Villa looked shocking. Get our A game going and we will be fine.

Ings could have scored 2 easily vs Pool the other week. he fucked the chances up but he was going for it. him against Fernandinho is as bad idea as it gets....
not mentioning the speed of Watkins.
Got to be Ake or Egan-Riley (what a game though for the youngster if he did come in) alongside Laporte.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.