West Ham United (A) | Post-Match Thread

I’m more then happy with pep. I think he’s the best manager ever. Doesn’t leave him open to errors and criticism though. No subs today was stupid. Makes the villa game tougher imo.
A completely fit and fresh Foden and Sterling vs a Villa defence that play Thursday between now and then

Showed a lot of character to come back from 2 down, and could’ve have had it won but for Zouma having the game of his life.
Terrible decision letting Mahrez take the pen, too obvious where he was going to put it, and ballsed it up in a big game against Liverpool. Why didn’t Kev grab hold of it? Always found ot strange that he’s not out Penalty taker.

on another note has Taylor ever given us a penalty without going to var?
De Bruyne also ballsed up a penalty against Liverpool and that was only last season but people seem to forget about that.

We don't have a great penalty taker but Mahrez had scored our last 8 penalties before today

You can see a cricket score here though..Ralf is too stubborn to change anything even when they are 3:0 down. Jesus definitely has the best attitude lately..really drives to make a difference.. we definitely need some steel next year...we are sleep walking because we are sooo vulnerable.. can we be confident without dias and walker..... love us to do it...but it will be very hard for this group of players. Need Bernie to act like its a liverpool or rags match.. we really need him to not have his mibd elsewhere v villa
I'm more than happy with the result when considering all the issues at the back. Our injuries are barely mentioned, unlike the media meltdown when Liverpool suffered the same problems and hopefully we will have a stronger line-up against Villa.

The only thing that worries me is that we seem to have an element of a bottle-job in our team this season as we have seen in the cups. Mahrez late misses against Liverpool and West Ham today add to that feeling. From a realistic point of view the title should be ours though and I hope a vibrating Etihad will calm our nerves early on. (If needed as Liverpool have to find a win i Southampton first.)
I think we showed the exact opposite of Bottle Job to come back from 2 down and could have taken it but for a poor pen.

I can't stop thinking about Gerrard having a chance to win them cunts the league.

So far as I know he's not out there on the pitch. None of the Villa players will have anything like his motivation to piss on our chips. In a sense, this isn't even like QPR. It was our first PL title, every player was completely bricking it, Sergio more than anyone (that's been coming out loud and clear in the anniversary interviews of the last two weeks), and QPR had a relegation threat on the line.
Sure we could lose. In football, anything can happen. We play our game, we win. I will admit that the defence worries me. Including Ed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.