31 | Ederson - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He certainly doesn't offer stability, he should be commanding his area, he doesn't, his strength was his distribution, not any more, his shot stopping was never great, it's now non existent, the defense looks like they've lost a lot of faith in him, he's been fortunate when playing behind a strong midfield and defense and not being exposed to too many shots, cos when he does, he's a liability.
In terms of shot stopping and one on one's improvement is required. But distribution wise he is still the best in the League

We should really steer clear of Nick Pope. Especially if he is meant to push Ederson. Despite us not having the best Goalkeeper in the werld we are equal in the number of goals conceded

If he would just be a little more judicious in his rushing out of his box, it might help the perception of his game, but it is erratic and puts us under pressure. Indeed, he has been fairly poor in one on ones BECAUSE he rushes out by rarely stops the player from getting a shot on goal.

He needs competition, and Steffen doesn’t appear to be it! Bring Bazunu back and mound him into exactly what we want AND PLAY HIM!

Can't believe some of the crap I am reading tonight. Ederson whilst perhaps not having his best season is certainly not a liability.
While I'm inclined to agree that he's not what most people would consider to be a liability, I think there are far better all-round goalkeepers around than Ederson. (Don't challenge me to name them, we all know there are more than we'd like to think)

His weaknesses / problems are the very basics of goalkeeping. He's been very lucky to play behind a great defensive set-up at City. When he's exposed, he's well below average.

If it's down to coaching, the goalkeeping coaches should be sacked. We must however bear in mind that they were Pep's choice of coaches.

If it's down to Ederson himself not knowing or being able to remember the basics, he should be shown the door. Again, we must bear in mind the he is Pep's choice of goalkeeper.

Catch-22 or what?

Bazunu isn't better than Steffen either and although Pope isn't the best suggestion he is currently better than Bazunu. He needs more experience playing at a higher level to be even considered. It isn't easy finding a keeper just as good as Eddy

I called him Eddy Jazz Hands a couple of seasons ago and he's still not improved. Comes out of his goal and looks like Al Jolson singing Mammy. How many times do we concede from the first effort on target by the opposition?

He's won Golden Gloves because our high possession rate means he rarely has anything to do. When called upon he's found wanting.

I appreciate he's great with his feet but so is Michael Flatley

We should really steer clear of Nick Pope. Especially if he is meant to push Ederson. Despite us not having the best Goalkeeper in the werld we are equal in the number of goals conceded
He’s bottom of shots saved. Yes we concede fewer chances but as often repeated like today we concede a lot off a small number of chances. He’d have to be really shit to concede many considering how much of the ball we have; how decent our best back 4 is. He can and should save more, same way we are leading the way in Europe on goals scored but we’ve just bought one of the best striker in the world to fix the problem of not being clinical.

If he would just be a little more judicious in his rushing out of his box, it might help the perception of his game, but it is erratic and puts us under pressure. Indeed, he has been fairly poor in one on ones BECAUSE he rushes out by rarely stops the player from getting a shot on goal.

He needs competition, and Steffen doesn’t appear to be it! Bring Bazunu back and mound him into exactly what we want AND PLAY HIM!

Fairly sure I saw table where he was the top of the expected 1v1 goals lost which suggest he stops many 1v1s compared to others.

It is just a by product of his style, he is too far out and looks to concede easy goals because he positions himself to sweep up in most scenarios, you can’t have both i guess

He’s bottom of shots saved. Yes we concede fewer chances but as often repeated like today we concede a lot off a small number of chances. He’d have to be really shit to concede many considering how much of the ball we have; how decent our best back 4 is. He can and should save more, same way we are leading the way in Europe on goals scored but we’ve just bought one of the best striker in the world to fix the problem of not being clinical.
There isn't a perfect keeper in football. Not much difference between Allison or Ederson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.