It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

Completely agree. Jesus is now maturing at a very good rate.

Honestly what are you guys on?

I know he had a good last 3 weeks, and I know everyone loves his work ethic and pressing contributions (including me) but how have so many people forgotten he decided he didn't want to play striker, barely played all season, and now has come back into the team as a striker after changing his mind again?

This is going to be his lowest scoring season and the season he makes the fewest appearances in since he arrived 5 years ago.

I would absolutely love for Jesus to stay and fulfil the potential I think he has, but not even the most charitable assessement of this season could call it anything other than going backwards, let alone progress.

Last edited:
We are gonna have a very very young team, it’s gonna be nice to see them work together - isn’t the average age of our squad like 27, when pep came in we had one of the oldest teams in the league.
It was very old and Pep got it down to 27.

26 is about average in Europe as a whole and 27 in the PL. Currently ours is nearly 28 so, with the players leaving that we think are going, it will go to about 26.5 without additions which will be average(ish) rather than young.

If Carson leaves then it will be younger than average probably!

Last edited:
I think some might well be forgetting the importance of what some of the more experienced players bring in terms of when they're not in the starting lineup.

Some of these players who are passed their best or who don't make it into the starting eleven are a vital part of what galvanises the team during big moments and when the pressure is on.

You only have to look down the road at the Cauldron of Piss to see that it's not as easy as saying "this player is better than our current one" and binning ours off for someone else's.

The winning mentality, willingness to show support to a teammate who is their rival in the starting eleven and all those other intangibles are not as easy to find as looking at a player for a couple of games and saying "he's got a nice first touch" or "he's much better defensively."

It looks like we're going to be losing various players who are important to the mentality of the squad as a whole and I think it's going to be harder to find adequate replacements than some seem to believe, even if the players we're after are in their physical prime.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.