The "which famous person died today" thread

Thanks. I wasn’t having a go or anything.

Might have taught Religious Studies for 25 years but have acquired a pretty negative view of most faiths along the way, especially recently when it comes to America and all that cultish, quasi-Christian QAnon bollocks that has taken root there, and now the prospect of Roe v. Wade getting overturned.

Wish I could reassure you about secularisation but that’s not having much of an impact over there either.

Bootleg copies of Dawkins and Hitchens’ writing are circulating in the Islamic world, though. Am not sure they have been translated into Arabic but atheists have to keep a low profile and appreciate those two authors for saying what they can’t.

Thought James Anderton had died ages ago. Always liked ‘God’s Cop’, that Happy Mondays song about him.
Nah, he’s still bowling for England.

Kay’s daughter Gaynor, best known for her appearances in Corrie, is a friend of mine.
She is currently en route back from Croatia where she was when the news broke. Kay was in Spain at the time of her death. Kay was 71 and seemingly in good health. Neither Gaynor nor any of the family’s connections have any information on how Kay died.
RIP, Kay.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.