Today's shooting in America thread

...........and I'm sure you're a very safe and considerate driver, but I don't want to be on the road when 'you' when you decide to use your phone, send a text, overtake, speed, drink/drive, run an amber or whatever people do when they cause accidents. Better to ban cars, because that would solve the problem.
I see you’ve continued your theme of posting idiotic arguments.

Says you, but you don’t get to decide!

It is a FUNDAMENTAL RIGHT, codified in law.

This is the reality of which I speak, and you reject.
Should you have the right to an Abrams tank with all the functions afforded to soldiers in active deployment, or RPG’s?

Trying to figure out how the "if we criminalize gun ownership, criminals will only get guns anyway" argument squares with "we must criminalize abortion."

Won't these new "criminals" just get abortions anyway?
That and the criminalisation of drugs. Surely there’s no point are criminals will just hug and sell drugs anyway.

Should you have the right to an Abrams tank with all the functions afforded to soldiers in active deployment, or RPG’s?
Not answering stupid questions to which you (should) already know the answer.

Read Heller, if you really care. I am pretty sure you won’t read it.

The “normalization” is because it has ALWAYS BEEN NORMAL. The use of that term suggests abnormality, which is completely false.

You can feel as you want about whether it should be normal or not, but to suggest it has EVER been any other way is intellectually dishonest.

I am wholly in favor of strict and enforced penalties for anyone who commits a crime with a gun…loaded or unloaded, used of simply wielded.

33 shot and 5 murdered in Chicago this weekend, as we had a mini heatwave that had everyone outdoors.

Accordingly, this Summer is going to be a bloodbath, as always, when the heat gets turned up!

However, the biggest problem people seem to have is that it appears to be migrating from being relatively contained in South Side neighborhood, tit for tat, banger shootings into Downtown Chicago, with more and more “give me your phone/wallet/valuables” mugging sand shootings in prime retail and restaurant districts.

It’s not going to be pretty and I have told my kids to steer clear of the city this summer! That’s just sad, given that is when Chicago excels!

Disclaimer: I am the owner of 3 Glocks handguns and, apparently, only a hair trigger from a “rampage,” so I could be part of the problem?! smh
The 'normalisation' I mentioned is right there in your answer.

It is not normal for people living in Europe to be telling their kids not to go somewhere in case they get shot. It is not normal in Europe when the temperature rises for 33 individuals to be wounded and 5 killed in a single City in two days. It is not normal in Europe for individuals to own 3 Glock handguns, whatever they are, and it is not normal in Europe to live in fear of being shot.

Those are strightforward facts which is why I said it all seems a bit wierd to those of us living in a country where guns are not part of the culture.

I'm not being intellectually dishonest about it as I have always been aware guns exist in the US. I'm just glad I live in a country that doesn't have the concerns you have that makes you buy 3 Glock handguns as a seeming necessity.

The 'normalisation' I mentioned is right there in your answer.

It is not normal for people living in Europe to be telling their kids not to go somewhere in case they get shot. It is not normal in Europe when the temperature rises for 33 individuals to be wounded and 5 killed in a single City in two days. It is not normal in Europe for individuals to own 3 Glock handguns, whatever they are, and it is not normal in Europe to live in fear of being shot.

Those are strightforward facts which is why I said it all seems a bit wierd to those of us living in a country where guns are not part of the culture.

I'm not being intellectually dishonest about it as I have always been aware guns exist in the US. I'm just glad I live in a country that doesn't have the concerns you have that makes you buy 3 Glock handguns as a seeming necessity.
I’ll stand by my initial statement:

The “normalization” is because it has ALWAYS BEEN NORMAL. The use of that term suggests abnormality, which is completely false.

We were always talking about the USA. Injecting other countries and cultures into the equation is specious.

What on earth do you look at them as then? They literally only have one purpose.
I shoot clays, targets or vermin........never entered my head to shoot people.

I do get the occasional cyclist riding by, now you've got me thinking.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.