It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

Greizmann, Costa, Falcao, Forlan, Aguero, Torres.

Atletico Madrid was a conveyor belt of good strikers becoming world class in the late 00s and 2010s.

Also great 1 or 2 season cameos from Suarez, Mandzukic, Villa, Hasselbank.

You can see why Mendes sent him there.

Thought the same at the time. However, Mendes is on record saying he advised him against A.M and to join us, but the player chose that, after his club accepted the fee for him. Same end result, but seems it wasnt Mendes that sent him there.

I couldn’t agree more and I’ve said so similarly in the past. Our level of investment is too high to have the season brought down for lack of bodies in the squad to avoid the decline that always happens usually what, post February? There is absolutely no excuse. We can joke all we want about Liverpool using meds and caffeine, but the truth is they have found the balance to actually have a go at the talked up quadruple challenge.

I think that is highly unfair on this team, that has under Pep regularly challenged on all four fronts and won more than Liverpool over that time. And managed the squad well enough to do that.

And it is just wrong that we have a massive season ending drop-off every February. If anything, other than this season, we ramp it up when others tail off. It is more that at that point the more difficult games in competitions come up and it is more congested, so every team sees a change, us included.

Yep, you have pretty much summarized why Palmer won't be a part of the first team, let alone replacing first team players. As much as you and I both woyld love to see it.
Well what I’ve done is summarised why a replacement player for Torres isn’t needed. Because we have plenty of players now for the front line , and Im assuming Jesus goes Sterling stays. Whether that means Palmer gets games or doesn't I don’t know.
All Im saying is even if Jesus goes and with Torres gone with Alvarez and Haaland in I doubt we’d bring another forward in or need one.

Next signing which I think is the easiest to do would be Kalvin Phillips if Leeds get relegated. Especially with that 25 million clause, I think Brighton will want more for Cucurella.

You could be right. But I’d argue with Haaland coming in attack is not where we need bodies. And Felix isn’t someone bringing something we don’t already have.

Id sign two CM’s and a left back.

I love Pep too and like all humans he has strengths and weaknesses. Nobody at City is going to bully him into having a bigger squad. He has to want it. I think at the windows end it will be bigger even if we don’t sign the players people want.

I think a few here seem to be confusing bigger squad, with bigger tha this year's squad.

The squad Pep had in the seasons prior to the last two even, is a couple bodies smaller than most, but still does everything it needs to. The squad this year and tonan extent last, has felt smaller, we hadn't replaced Torres (no Palmer didn't take his place) and Aguero, we decided to wait to do so. Which I'm all for as it got the right players in. But that also isn't a typical Pep reduced squad that has somehow become accepted as the norm.

However favourable they have taken advantage of the situation.

We, however haven't
We haven't taken advantage of what?

We certainly took full advantage when we won the domestic treble.

Or are we not allowed to mention that in light of the 'Quad Squad'.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.