Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stone is an odd one - he’s like a fanzine editor on the BBC’s books; and he seems do whatever he likes…. Goes off to cover pre-season tours etc… He‘s clearly a big United fan and in some ways good luck to him but he’s not working for the Red Issue he works for the Beeb and is being funded by the licence payer - to write none stop sycophantic stuff on United and pour bile on anyone else - usually us. Someone at the BBC - should be asking questions from both a financial and editorial standards perspective about Stone. If they feel the need for a northern football correspondent - they need to get one because Stone is not it.

I've always had the opinion that he is there to get clicks.

The Sports dept will have to justify its existence/costs to higher-ups, and the main way to do that is to count the clicks, particularly the ones abroad that see the adverts.
As per British journos, the clicks rule, and therefore he churns out stuff that gets clicks, however banal it is.

So many articles with back-handed compliments congratulating City but mentioning spending compared to the plucky little team in red. Dear oh dear, if it was Leicester 2016 and we'd pipped them fair enough but the scousers have got about 9 forwards/wingers bought for and being paid good money, have multi-million pound midfielders sitting on the bench to complement those on the pitch and I've lost track of the number of centre-halves who turned out for them over the last couple of seasons. I can only assume that they haven't got an expensive goalkeeper or a trio of high value central defenders to help offset this.....

"City’s superpower has been to set about elite level sport with the coherence of an overt political project, backed by bottomless reserves, extreme executive competence and a willingness to litigate"

"Overt political project" ?? Says who ? The only people that have introduced politics into the equation are jealous tribal hacks trying to tarnish the club's achievements.

"Bottomless reserves" ?? Not since FFP restricted investment dickhead.

"Willingness to litigate" ??? If you mean that reacting to attempts by a cartel to destroy our club by taking the only route available to us, then that is hardly a criticism, so fuck you.

Otherwise, a decent article.

Stone is an odd one - he’s like a fanzine editor on the BBC’s books; and he seems do whatever he likes…. Goes off to cover pre-season tours etc… He‘s clearly a big United fan and in some ways good luck to him but he’s not working for the Red Issue he works for the Beeb and is being funded by the licence payer - to write none stop sycophantic stuff on United and pour bile on anyone else - usually us. Someone at the BBC - should be asking questions from both a financial and editorial standards perspective about Stone. If they feel the need for a northern football correspondent - they need to get one because Stone is not it.
I actually thought someone should take him to a broom cupboard beat 7 bells of shit out of him and then lock the aforementioned cupboard whilst printing off his p45 but yours would suffice for now.

The BBC have apologised for incorrectly referring to 23 deaths and the wrong minute of the tribute re the Manchester bombing during their MOTD coverage. Edited quickly and genuine error were the reasons.

No reference in their response to my complaint re a wider more public apology, sadly

He just couldn't help himself though with things like:

The litigate bit is a bit of a strange comment
I would guess he's referring to us fighting the FFP charges? Can't really see it being anything else. Not with the blatant lies that gets told about us on a daily basis and continues to do so without censure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.