Welcome Erling Haaland | Signing confirmed on a 5 year deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm hyper excited now. I can honestly say I've never been as giddy over a signing as this.

His second goal last night, that finish; the power, the precision. And on his weak foot! I don't think any of our current forwards could score a goal like that on their weaker foot. He's going to be a game-changer.
Same here. I remember him bullying Dias and wishing he would play for us. Dias was player of the season.
He’ll destroy the PL. If we get it bang on for him, he will rip defenders apart and that is exactly what we’ve been crying out for.

Super excited about this.

So; this Haaland fella (is that what you call him?); when did he actually start coming to the serious notice of the wider public and the meedya? Two or three years ago, maybe? I mean, he's only 21. I've got clothes older than him, FFS.
He has been touted as a "one to watch" since around 2017 but people really started to take notice in 2019 when he scored 9 in one match for Norway U20's 12-0 win Vs Honduras at the U20's World Cup

He is the youngest player ever to get to 20 Champions League goals. Of course, he won't be targeted in the same way at City, so don't expect him to go on scoring at that rate. Personally, I'm happy to cut him some slack. If he doesn't score for a while, no problem for me. This is a player who I'm certain will come good. And sooner rather than later.

I'm hyper excited now. I can honestly say I've never been as giddy over a signing as this.

His second goal last night, that finish; the power, the precision. And on his weak foot! I don't think any of our current forwards could score a goal like that on their weaker foot. He's going to be a game-changer.
If you count KDB as a forward given the way we have played this year with a false nine his first three goals at Wolves were all with his weaker foot. Agree though that he could be a game changes as how many crosses flash across the six yard box but nobody is there as there is invariably no natural goal scorer on the pitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.