Kalvin Phillips | Joins City on a 6-year deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m talking about the last two years.
Dias - upgrade.
Ake - overpaid IMO
Grealish - overpaid ;)
Torres - not good enough, but we have made some profit from that sale.

The problem is that we have kept Fernandinho till his 37 and if his replacement would be Kalvin Phillips for 50-60m£ it's iMO lazy recruitement.

Spot on. IMO the recruitment is just poor and I think it is personal Pep's decision. He was a six-under Bielsa, English international and has played well during Euros, so let's sign him.
Are you truly a Blue ? Serious question as most of your posts come across as negative.

I've no idea why people claim they aren't bothered about the fee. We have financial limitations despite what rival fans will tell you about unlimited spending power. Everything is relative to the cost. At £25-30 million he represents good value to us and we should be all over it, at double that, he isn't worth it and I don't believe we would still be interested.
Exactly. Might just be an extra 20 for Phillips, but the next English player we’d try to sign, that’s an extra 15. If we try and get a world class player, ’If you paid 60m for Phillips, he’s worth 120m.’

I guarantee spending £100mil on Grealish made Spurs shoot the price for Kane up.

But that is not a reason to feel embarrassed. If anything its pretty pathetic to say that. The club want to buy a player you and I don't particularly rate that's about it. If he doesn't work out the club will replace him.
Every club in the world has transfers that don`t meet expectations for various reasons something which some people cant get their head around.

Exactly. Might just be an extra 20 for Phillips, but the next English player we’d try to sign, that’s an extra 15. If we try and get a world class player, ’If you paid 60m for Phillips, he’s worth 120m.’

I guarantee spending £100mil on Grealish made Spurs shoot the price for Kane up.
True facts. Thats the main reason why every club increase the fees when they see the buyer is mancity

Yet here we are champions, Erling Haaland signed and around £40m better off ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.