It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

you’ve got to be able to appreciate how this place works

Like someone else said, people want it to be an old boys club. Fuck how this place works. You can be as much of a twat as you want if you've been on here for a decade or if you're not *gasp* foreign.

Not even just about Gus, anyone on here for less than a year or two will be harassed by the usual people if they have a different opinion on a certain aspect of the club or even simply a player we're linked with.

I've been on here since 2008 and still struggle to appreciate how it works ;)

I just think some people saw his authoritative style of posting, with so little time served, as condescending.

There are nuances of the English language that even many Americans struggle to twig, like irony and sarcasm?

He bit back perhaps because he felt he was being singled-out, but I think the truth lies somewhere in the middle.

Some maybe didn't like a foreign fan with forthright opinions, others because they could see he would bite.

I mean, if we are talking abrasive, Gus was nothing in comparison to my bro Zin and @SWP's back ;)
Yeah, he definitely wasn’t the worst on this forum.

No, definitely not. But we do try to please Pep if he wants a signing.

Dani Alves were definitely not a city type signing, but we tried getting him probably because Pep asked for him. So if Pep wants him we will try IMO.

very true mate, it will be interesting to see if we hold any interest in Neymar and it would certainly be a talking point amongst other fans.

Like someone else said, people want it to be an old boys club. Fuck how this place works. You can be as much of a twat as you want if you've been on here for a decade or if you're not *gasp* foreign.

Not even just about Gus, anyone on here for less than a year or two will be harassed by the usual people if they have a different opinion on a certain aspect of the club or even simply a player we're linked with.
Double like.

He actually sent me a PM to say thank you and was deleting his account.

Gus had a good insight about the wider game and working in the media.

I felt his written English was superb, but perhaps some things he got lost in translation, and there were some who seemed to enjoy getting the rise out of him.

I've taken breaks from this place in years gone by when this forum could get to you, and would hope he reconsiders at some point in the future.

We are all Blues, and at least he knew the difference between there and fucking their!!

Not enough of those posters about on here ;)
I always found Gus' information to be very insightful. He definitively was a good addition to the forum. I can't understand why people get so worked up if they don't agree with another posters comments...it's a forum!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.