It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

Exactly. All we currently need is a FB and midfielder who is prepared to be an important squad player… We have an incredible squad already.
Some seem to hold a view that if we are not signing a "stellar" name, then we won't be better off.

As long as we have the best team is all that matters, not necessarily the best players.

Far too much evidence to show buying names doesn't always mean success

Good player, but there’s no way we’d go anywhere near him after our ‘issues’ with Mendy.

Plenty more to come out on that, and the optics of signing Bissouma in the middle of it all would be horrific for the club.

Zero chance of him ever playing for City, IMO
He was only taken in for suspicion. Bissouma somehow managed to "sexually assault" in a nightclub filled with security cameras, + security/staff + 100s of potential witnesses? Don’t think Brighton would start him if that was the case, + the government letting him leave the country for AFCON

Some seem to hold a view that if we are not signing a "stellar" name, then we won't be better off.

As long as we have the best team is all that matters, not necessarily the best players.

There was only one stellar signing we needed to make and that is all done.

He was only taken in for suspicion. Bissouma somehow managed to "sexually assault" in a nightclub filled with security cameras, + security/staff + 100s of potential witnesses? Don’t think Brighton would start him if that was the case, + the government letting him leave the country for AFCON
That lad who plays Todd in corrie got done for sexual assault in a nightclub

Sounds like anyone expecting us to get any more big names after Haaland is going to be disappointed. Cucurella and Kalvin Philipps are hardly the most exciting transfers. But could still be good.
Cucurella created more chances this season for Brighton than Cancelo did for us, yet I bet fans of other clubs would be delirious if they heard they were getting Cancelo. Cucurella will surprise a lot of blues. Brighton under Potter play with similar fundamentals as we do, and Cucurella was voted their player of the season. He’d fit in like a glove. The main downside to it is signing him means Zinchenko is likely to leave and I love that guy too much to be happy about that.

I agree with you. And i think Phillips would be a huge upgrade on a 37-year old Fernandinho. And Cucurella would fit in perfectly in Pep's system.

I think people will need to keep in mind how good some of our starters are when Liverpool and other rival clubs inevitably chase and scoop up the remaining big names on the market. Tchouameni and De Jong etc...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.