Stupid little things that bug you

People who patronise me as a senior citizen. I have got used to young folk offering me a seat on a Metrolink, but the other day I was in one place being attended to and a bloke sitting nearby, no spring chicken himself, said "Do you know tour shoelace is undone?"
I said "Yes" (thinking mind yer own business) and he replied "Do you want me to tie it for you?"
I thought "God, do I look that decrepit?"

And only a couple of weeks ago I was putting a medium-sized suitcase on the overhead luggage rack, no bother at all, when a smart-arse sprang up from a nearby seat and virtually wrestled it out of my hands and put it up there himself. I thought "Patronising bastard!" I suppose he was trying to help, but I don't want offers of help when I don't need them, thank you very much.

Does anyone else have this to put up with, or is it just me? It really pisses me off.
1) Tie your shoelaces then . If there is some religious or other reason why you would like them undone then fine, but in the mean time the guy (person) was just trying to be nice and stopping you breaking your nose, Even a young, experienced undone shoelace zealot can occasionally come unstuck and do a faceplant.
2) Again - trying to be nice. If you did the case into the rack correctly I fail to see how it could be intercepted as it is a simple one handed flick into the top bin. Struggle with that, someone might help, so they can board the plane.

Sadly, (some) people hate help until they need help. I'm currently in the category of helper, & try to be as discrete as possible, give it a few years and I hope people will do the same for me.

I'd be interested to know when our council are going to let us in the tip without going through the Spanish inquisition.
Log in...enter type of car....enter reg...are you towing a trailer....is it personal or trade waste....enter your required time slot.....must arrive during your time slot....email address....confirm email address....contact phone if required....

Upon arrival to said establishment we have the fucking jobsworth with a clip board/ tablet standing there, the other side of the barrier, smiling in an almost professional manner, justifying his wages while he checks all the above details..... He then cheerfully lifts the barrier and explains only 2 cars are allowed in.......it's a fucking tip not a nuclear arsenal !!. What a waste of fucking time but that's councils for you.

Where the fuck is your tip, next door to Porton Down?

At my local tip you just turn up and throw your shit over the wall. They’ve done their best to segment the areas (eleven different kinds of plastic, metal, garden waste, spent nuclear ammunition, non-organic vegetables, general shite) in the usual manner of modern recycling nonsense, but it all basically just goes into one big pile.

Every now and again some prick in a high vis tabard wanders around to make sure you’re not putting cheese in the category b plastics pile but none of the aggro you’ve described.

Last edited:
Where the fuck is your tip, next door to Porton Down?

At my local tip you just turn up and throw your shit over the wall. They’ve done their best to segment the areas (eleven different kinds of plastic, metal, garden waste, spent nuclear ammunition, non-organic vegetables, general shite) in the usual manner of modern recycling nonsense, but it all basically just goes into one big pile.

Every now and again some prick in a high vis tabard wanders around to make sure you’re not putting cheese in the category b plastics pile but none of the aggro you’ve described.
Different areas, different rules. In Rossendale I am told they have taken to allowing you to only tip one type of material at a time. So wood one day, metal the next, general rubbish the third day - what a crock of crap. In Bury MBC we get stopped and asked what we've got, then they tell you which skip number to throw it in (like I can't read the 2 foot signs above each one in the first place).

Different areas, different rules. In Rossendale I am told they have taken to allowing you to only tip one type of material at a time. So wood one day, metal the next, general rubbish the third day - what a crock of crap. In Bury MBC we get stopped and asked what we've got, then they tell you which skip number to throw it in (like I can't read the 2 foot signs above each one in the first place).
In Herefordshire they still used the "pre-booked vehicles only" system they introduced at the start of the pandemic.

1) Tie your shoelaces then . If there is some religious or other reason why you would like them undone then fine, but in the mean time the guy (person) was just trying to be nice and stopping you breaking your nose, Even a young, experienced undone shoelace zealot can occasionally come unstuck and do a faceplant.
2) Again - trying to be nice. If you did the case into the rack correctly I fail to see how it could be intercepted as it is a simple one handed flick into the top bin. Struggle with that, someone might help, so they can board the plane.

Sadly, (some) people hate help until they need help. I'm currently in the category of helper, & try to be as discrete as possible, give it a few years and I hope people will do the same for me.
I think you miss my point, wilfully or not.

I appreciate help when it is needed, but there is possibly a fine line between offering assistance when it is clearly required and talking to someone as though they are senile or incapacitated.

I am sure the people were trying to help in their own way, but i don't like being talked down to when I am quite visibly in full possession of my faculties. I am just saying that it annoyed me at the time, although it gave my Mrs a good laugh at my expense.

But thank you for your attempt to adjust my moral compass in the right direction, as I am obviously an ungrateful pig of the first order - at least in your eyes, and you are a paragon of virtue.

Adults not speaking how they were obviously taught how to speak thinking they are ‘cool’ by using shortened words i.e. fess instead of confess, diss instead of disrespect and the my biggest gripe currently is the Wickes advert where the bloke from Kirsty & Phil (they both grate) says “suffer from house barrasment” instead of embarrassment. I feel like screaming every time I hear it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.