Fixtures Calendar - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello.
Do we allready know what dates we are at home in the champions league ?
When i look at the fixture calendar there are some on Tuesdays and some on Wednesdays or is there something that i have misunderstood.
Thanks in advance.

Torben
All anyone knows so far is the midweeks when the games will be played.
Specific details of when we’re home and away plus whether games are on Tuesday or Wednesday will be confirmed after the group stage draw on 25th August.

Last edited:
All anyone knows so far is the midweeks the games when the games will be played.
Specific details of when we’re home and away plus whether games are on Tuesday or Wednesday will be confirmed after the group stage draw on 25th August.
Thank you

We were drawn against Derby (if they still exist), Grimsby, and Mansfield in the Papa Johns Group stage. Hopefully they dont schedule the gamesat the same night as a champions league game like they have done the past few seasons. Even the night after/before would be better.

All anyone knows so far is the midweeks when the games will be played.
May also depend who we are ‘paired’ with to prevent fixture clashes, probably liverpool again. The Met will probably want Spurs and Chelsea paired for similar reasons

May also depend who we are ‘paired’ with to prevent fixture clashes, probably liverpool again. The Met will probably want Spurs and Chelsea paired for similar reasons
The pairings are done by the broadcasters in order to maximise viewing numbers. We’ve been paired with Liverpool for the last couple of seasons because BT wanted the scousers and the rags playing on different nights (not an issue this season of course). Same reason that Real Madrid and Barcelona will never be paired - Spanish broadcasters want one on Tuesday and the other on Wednesday.
I don’t think police have much say in it but it’s UEFA protocol anyway that games in the same city on any given date should be avoided if possible. Spurs and Chelsea may end up being paired and playing on the same nights but one will be at home when the other is away.

We were drawn against Derby (if they still exist), Grimsby, and Mansfield in the Papa Johns Group stage. Hopefully they dont schedule the gamesat the same night as a champions league game like they have done the past few seasons. Even the night after/before would be better.
Pizza piss.

Just looking at the other fixtures for the second weekend in the vain hope we get left alone as a Saturday 3pm. Chelsea v Spuz is surely a telly pick but of the others, it's guess work. Maybe Brighton as one pick? Maybe Brentford?
My problem with this has always been the time frame, this could be picked now as the first games have so why not at least the first tranche?
Anyone with any insight from the telly/media side?
I've no doubt concern for supporters is token or non-existent but this must be subject to some planning somewhere.
Or is it just the absolute shambles it appears to be?
Anyway, see you soon Blues...
The fixtures are sold in packages, and then there is a fair bit of negotiating among themselves, the clubs and with the police. Sky pick, then BT, then Sky again. All clubs are guaranteed a certain number of games, so sometimes the broadcasters will try and squeeze them in early in the packages. I can see why it takes a bit more time to get right. But no supporters are not stakeholders in that.

Normally clash with League Cup games as well, and the first team games can be cheaper in the LC than the FLT on the same night.

Unlikely because it's only Bournemouth but I'm really hoping that game gets moved to Sunday 4.30pm or Monday night because I'm in London on the Saturday for a wedding.
I'm praying it gets moved to Friday night as I'm off to New York on the Saturday morning

Just looking at the other fixtures for the second weekend in the vain hope we get left alone as a Saturday 3pm. Chelsea v Spuz is surely a telly pick but of the others, it's guess work. Maybe Brighton as one pick? Maybe Brentford?
My problem with this has always been the time frame, this could be picked now as the first games have so why not at least the first tranche?
Anyone with any insight from the telly/media side?
I've no doubt concern for supporters is token or non-existent but this must be subject to some planning somewhere.
Or is it just the absolute shambles it appears to be?
Anyway, see you soon Blues...

Usually the first couple of months are quite kind for 3pm kicks off. In 21/22 season the following games were 3pm

August​

September​

October​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.