Liverpool Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aldridge is genuinely thick as shit.

klopp-jurgen-klopp.gif

I would no longer consider myself a Liverpool supporter anymore.. Club and football in general morphed into something I know longer recognise or associate with.. yeah still take a veiled interest and keep on top of things..
I will tell you in simple terms what I think.. No problem whatsoever with City winning trophies.. dear me.. if any teams supporters deserve success it’s you lot with what you have endured last 40 years having to put up with United.. going to the old Maine Road was a highlight of the season especially the usual drink before the game in the supporters Club with banter with fans.. take up my seat in the Platt Lane,the usual five we put past The great Joe Corrigan and even the look on the faces of John Bond and Peter Swales face after it... your right tho all good things come to an end like it did for us..
Now to my own situation... at one time supporting Liverpool was predominantly a local thing similar to your good selves.. success came along then the dreaded SKY and Liverpool F.C. became global so instead of me going the match with Mick from the Dingle..Tommy from Walton I ended up sitting with Tarquin from Surrey.. Jeremy from Berkshire or Lars from Oslo.. you try talking to one of those about what was in last nights Echo.. the point I am making is I have nothing in common with these people surely it’s more than just 11 people running around a pitch it’s about supporting your local club the one that represents you.. your family.. the place you live and the way you live your life in that city of town Liverpool F.C no longer has links to the City or its people.. it’s a global brand.. an American Franchise.. I was once a fan or a supporter now all I am is a customer or client.. all I am saying to City fans is success is great however in time it robbs you of your identity.. you still have a lot of yours still intact however it won’t be there in another 15 to 20 years a the rate you are winning trophies, and you will be in the same boat as Liverpool and United.. a football club without any proper identity.

I take your point.

But perhaps with my blue tinted specs on I am thinking City will go down that road abit. I am seeing alot more young lads in City kits now where I live.

In 20 years you may be right.

But we arent owned by Americans, Americans are the biggest threat to our game.
They want a closed league no relegation or promotion. More adverts, longer half times may be quarters.
American owners take money out of football something our owner hasnt done.

Our owner has invested in East Manchester your owner tried to run down the area around Anfield to buy it on the cheap. You failed FFP, the Moores family was your sugar daddy. Press/media won't report this.

The press/media have fed you fan base lie after lie about City and they sup it up. You got away with the coach attack. You got away with hacking our computer systems.

Unfortunately the press/media have done alot of damage to the game. The press/media want a rivalry which is fine. But the press/media have let it go beyond that. They didn't real go to town on the coach attack. The same with the rags they got away with flake bomb and fans breaking into the swamp.

City have delt with fans throwing flairs or running onto the pitch. You police couldnt find one person who attacked our coach. The fans that spat at our bench just moved to somewhere else in the stadium.
Theres a huge difference in the way the two clubs deal with fans. City take action liverpool pretend to take action

The press/media have lead to the feel that those fans bases are untouchable. Thats a problem.

I really hope I am wrong but I feel sooner or later the dippers are going to cause real serious incident. Because no one calls them out you just play the victim card. Just look at how the press/media defend you after the champions league final.
Jipping in, fake tickets are covered up by the press/media.

You sound ok and I know I shouldnt at my age but I just cant like dipper fans. Believe I saw alot around here until the last game of the season than you all went into hibernation.

I hope our fan base stays mostly the same, our black and piss taking humor. It will change thats life. It has started to change I use to me the only southern sounding manc at Maine Road !.

But I say again American owners are a serious threat to our game.

Last edited:
I accept fully that we have a good few dicks in our fan base, but the current toxic relationship between the clubs and fans is 95% down to them. It boils down to their child like fury at us stopping them winning things, which they view as an absolute entitlement. When Utd faded it was them that would rightfully assume their crown, but then we came along and the cultist venom, lies, tantrums began and escalated, as their “greatest ever team” kept coming second with 90+ points. Long May it continue.
TBF, we have pipped them thrice in the last 8 seasons.

Aldridge is genuinely thick as shit.

A fair analysis, Tom. I am nostalgic for the days on the old Kippax and City could preserve that spirit and that identity if they made a serious effort to cherish the legacy fans. Sadly, the club is not really interested in doing that. Lots of fine words, but precious little action. Instead, give advertising preference by removing seats, expect fans to wait in massive phone queues, run a dysfunctional ticket office, poor bar service, crap beer, little fan communication, rubbish official website etc etc.
Tbf, it’s not all bad and the club does make an effort when a fan needs a leg up.
The feeling is of a business which is very successful, but a business it is, less a club.
Am I being too harsh?
All things change. Looking back it was great being the only kid with a City shirt in my school during the late fifties, and it was great being with fellow minority fans at Maine Rd.(All the media, Kenneth Wolstenholme etc, were just as bad as today,) No doubt my Dad's era used to laugh at the "slippers" instead of proper boots and the softies rolling round when tackled, not like his day, the thirties. Football is obviously big business and the nature of the big clubs will change The younger supporters just accept how things are now.
So I embrace the changes, and enjoy the best football I've ever seen with the best sporting moments any supporter could wish for.

I take your point.

But perhaps with my blue tinted specs on I am thinking City will go down that road abit. I am seeing alot more young lads in City kits now where I live.

In 20 years you may be right.

But we arent owned by Americans, Americans are the biggest threat to our game.
They want a closed league no relegation or promotion. More adverts, longer half times may be quarters.
American owners take money out of football something our owner hasnt done.

Our owner has invested in East Manchester your owner tried to run down the area around Anfield to buy it on the cheap. You failed FFP, the Moores family was your sugar daddy. Press/media won't report this.

The press/media have fed you fan base lie after lie about City and they sup it up. You got away with the coach attack. You got away with hacking our computer systems.

Unfortunately the press/media have done alot of damage to the game. The press/media want a rivalry which is fine. But the press/media have let it go beyond that. They didn't real go to town on the coach attack. The same with the rags they got away with flake bomb and fans breaking into the swamp.

City have delt with fans throwing flairs or running onto the pitch. You police couldnt find one person who attacked our coach. The fans that spat at our bench just moved to somewhere else in the stadium.
Theres a huge difference in the way the two clubs deal with fans. City take action liverpool pretend to take action

The press/media have lead to the feel that those fans bases are untouchable. Thats a problem.

I really hope I am wrong but I feel sooner or later the dippers are going to cause real serious incident. Because no one calls them out you just play the victim card. Just look at how the press/media defend you after the champions league final.
Jipping in, fake tickets are covered up by the press/media.

You sound ok and I know I shouldnt at my age but I just cant like dipper fans. Believe I saw alot around here until the last game of the season than you all went into hibernation.

I hope our fan base stays mostly the same, our black and piss taking humor. It will change thats life. It has started to change I use to me the only southern sounding manc at Maine Road !.

But I say again American owners are a serious threat to our game.
Yeah Your owners are different to FSG, think they have not just invested in your Club but also the City of Manchester and surrounding areas in East Manchester, they even paid local to clear roads around the stadium to get a game on.. FSG would never do that unless they could profit in someway as they have investors needing to be paid dividends on there stake in the franchise like that Basket Ball feller whatever his name is.
I think the problem you will face is nothing to do so much with ownership it’s the gloryhunters who will attach themselves to your Club when trophies are flowing, these type of fans basically say my own club where I live is rubbish am going to attach myself to a winning brand its like a fashion accessory.
I will have any of you a bet now if you were a supporter in the old Maine Road and watched players like David White and Paul Lake and went for a pint before or after the match.. you will attend the Etihad now and will of started seeing some weird and wonderful types of fan sitting in the stands... just you wait until you get to the point they outweigh locals at three or four to one like they do at Anfield.. listen anybody can support who they like however if you come from a time when club identity is important and you treasure tradition then the success you crave on the pitch could ultimately be a downfall to that.

I would no longer consider myself a Liverpool supporter anymore.. Club and football in general morphed into something I know longer recognise or associate with.. yeah still take a veiled interest and keep on top of things..
I will tell you in simple terms what I think.. No problem whatsoever with City winning trophies.. dear me.. if any teams supporters deserve success it’s you lot with what you have endured last 40 years having to put up with United.. going to the old Maine Road was a highlight of the season especially the usual drink before the game in the supporters Club with banter with fans.. take up my seat in the Platt Lane,the usual five we put past The great Joe Corrigan and even the look on the faces of John Bond and Peter Swales face after it... your right tho all good things come to an end like it did for us..
Now to my own situation... at one time supporting Liverpool was predominantly a local thing similar to your good selves.. success came along then the dreaded SKY and Liverpool F.C. became global so instead of me going the match with Mick from the Dingle..Tommy from Walton I ended up sitting with Tarquin from Surrey.. Jeremy from Berkshire or Lars from Oslo.. you try talking to one of those about what was in last nights Echo.. the point I am making is I have nothing in common with these people surely it’s more than just 11 people running around a pitch it’s about supporting your local club the one that represents you.. your family.. the place you live and the way you live your life in that city of town Liverpool F.C no longer has links to the City or its people.. it’s a global brand.. an American Franchise.. I was once a fan or a supporter now all I am is a customer or client.. all I am saying to City fans is success is great however in time it robbs you of your identity.. you still have a lot of yours still intact however it won’t be there in another 15 to 20 years a the rate you are winning trophies, and you will be in the same boat as Liverpool and United.. a football club without any proper identity.
Good post. Whenever I go to an away game at Anfield, the voices of the home fans generally aren’t scouse whereas at Goodison there’s scousers everywhere. It’s a tourist destination more than a club for locals. We’re heading that way but nowhere near as far gone. Hence your match day revenue per fan is 50% more than ours. Only a small amount of that is the price of tickets being more. The majority is merchandise and overpriced food and drink. I’d rather we made up the difference with a sock sponsor or something rather than have the club lose its local following in pursuit of maximising match day revenue.

This. The media in this country are nothing more than fanzines for the rags and dippers.
I stopped buying newspapers many years ago -around the same time as I ditched Sky- simply because of the bias.
Sky Sports in particular were (and probably still are) the biggest offenders. Back in the day when Andy Gray and Richard Keys were the two biggest pro-rag offenders on TV. Their sheer indifference (and at times, open hostility) to teams outside of their rag-circle was truly offensive. Words like 'wonderful,' 'sublime,' and phrases like 'awe-inspiring' were used to describe anything done by a rag on the field of play.
How the fuck can a throw-in by the ginger pig be described as 'One of the greatest things I've ever seen in football?'
Or a long punt up the field by Ratboy 2 be accompanied by Richards Keys' screaming 'What an absolute stunning piece of football'? And Andy Gray's fucking catchphrase 'Tekka boo, son. Tekka boo' when Beckscum took a free kick.

I used to listen to them and Martin (****) Tyler eulogising about everything the rag players did on the pitch, heaping praise and adulation when one carried out a simple pass. Fucking nauseating.

Yeah Your owners are different to FSG, think they have not just invested in your Club but also the City of Manchester and surrounding areas in East Manchester, they even paid local to clear roads around the stadium to get a game on.. FSG would never do that unless they could profit in someway as they have investors needing to be paid dividends on there stake in the franchise like that Basket Ball feller whatever his name is.
I think the problem you will face is nothing to do so much with ownership it’s the gloryhunters who will attach themselves to your Club when trophies are flowing, these type of fans basically say my own club where I live is rubbish am going to attach myself to a winning brand its like a fashion accessory.
I will have any of you a bet now if you were a supporter in the old Maine Road and watched players like David White and Paul Lake and went for a pint before or after the match.. you will attend the Etihad now and will of started seeing some weird and wonderful types of fan sitting in the stands... just you wait until you get to the point they outweigh locals at three or four to one like they do at Anfield.. listen anybody can support who they like however if you come from a time when club identity is important and you treasure tradition then the success you crave on the pitch could ultimately be a downfall to that.

I wouldnt disagree with you.

Our fans will and has started to change. I wont be a match going fan in 10 or 20 years time even if I am still here !!

I like you find it hard to understand how people support clubs where they have no ties with the town or City.

Perhaps our generation the 60 plus age group are now seeing the last of high % of City fans being mancs as our fan base grows. But at the minute its glorious to be a City fan and most of us have put the miles in ;)

My two lads now get called glory hunters. Never got called a glory hunter terrible in school lol. Yet my lad is 4th generation City and first born away from Manchester. These people who call him a glory hunter have never been to Anfield or the swamp. My lad did 15 games this season home and away 4 more than me lol.

PS I forgot to say your club along will spuds tried to take furlough ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.