US Politics Thread

Maybe, just maybe, be logical about any potential outcome regarding Trump.

Note, I haven't mentioned anyone else. It's getting silly not to be logical about potential outcome and ramifications.

But, you pearl clutchers carry on with your 'vapours'...
I have been, if you read the thread.

And I look forward to when you stop pretending (poorly, I might add) that you dislike Trump and republicans as much as you dislike Biden and democrats.

It’s obvious to anyone that has been reading your posts since before Biden won office that you are not the neutral observer you so desperately want people to believe.

At times, you are practically a Trump/republican apologist, in/directly blaming democrats for nearly everything Trump and republicans were/are doing.

Why not just come clean and say you are more ideologically aligned with the right than than left?

Or do you genuinely not know yourself well enough to see that is the case?

I have been, if you read the thread.

And I look forward to when you stop pretending (poorly, I might add) that you dislike Trump and republicans as much as you dislike Biden and democrats.

It’s obvious to anyone that has been reading your posts since before Biden won office that you are not the neutral observer you so desperately want people to believe.

At times, you are practically a Trump/republican apologist, in/directly blaming democrats for nearly everything Trump and republicans were/are doing.

Why not just come clean and say you are more ideologically aligned with the right than than left?

Or do you genuinely not know yourself well enough to see that is the case?
The extremes on both ends of the political spectrum have more in common with each other than they have with the more moderate people on each side. They hate centrists because we have supposedly sold out on our principles by being pragmatic and recognising that realpolitik is the only way to deliver change albeit incrementally, because there’s never going to be enough people embracing ideological fantasies on either end on the spectrum who want to smash the system and indulge in their wet dream vision of the world that only they want.

The 1/6 hearings have painted a clear picture of a guilty-as-hell Trump attempting to foment insurrection.

The million dollar question is this: Will the DOJ level charges against Trump?

IMO - probably not. Roughly 1/2 of the USA don't believe that the hearings are legitimate. Unless there's irrefutable, ironclad evidence of wrongdoing - e.g., Trump on video footage saying and doing the things he's purported to have said and done - I think that the DOJ won't level charges. No jury agreed upon by both prosecution and defense would ever convict him absent such evidence.
I listened to an interesting discussion after the last hearing that had M Cohen and others on debating just this.

Cohen was saying that he doesn't think they will go after Trump as they know there will be nothing directly tying Trump to any of this. Lots of emails and messages etc to create a paper trail but none will come from Trump directly. And in the absence of direct physical evidence they wont do it.

But then some of the other panellists were suggesting that these hearings are in part designed to pressure the DoJ to act. To make it incredibly difficult not to put them on trial. And once you commit then you can get people to flip and there are lots currently willing to testify all you need is 1 to plead guilty and then its very hard for a jury to not convict the rest. At that point its more about who goes down not if / when people go down.

I'm still of the view he will get away with it but they are clearly doing a very good job of applying maximum pressure, and the fight is on so many fronts that there could easily be a big break.

I listened to an interesting discussion after the last hearing that had M Cohen and others on debating just this.

Cohen was saying that he doesn't think they will go after Trump as they know there will be nothing directly tying Trump to any of this. Lots of emails and messages etc to create a paper trail but none will come from Trump directly. And in the absence of direct physical evidence they wont do it.

But then some of the other panellists were suggesting that these hearings are in part designed to pressure the DoJ to act. To make it incredibly difficult not to put them on trial. And once you commit then you can get people to flip and there are lots currently willing to testify all you need is 1 to plead guilty and then its very hard for a jury to not convict the rest. At that point its more about who goes down not if / when people go down.

I'm still of the view he will get away with it but they are clearly doing a very good job of applying maximum pressure, and the fight is on so many fronts that there could easily be a big break.
Hope so!

You know, I've tried not to take any notice of the 'Jan 6th' committee theatrics, but that particular testimony of Trump trying to hijack the car from the SS agent from the back seat was breathtaking in all its nonsense.

Trump? The guy that flinches at the slightest bang?

Trump? The guy who bricks it when a bird flaps its wings?

Trump? The guy who, literally, stares at an eclipse without protection?

This guy attack an agent?

Has the agent testified to this or is this just hearsay?
Yes, Trump. I sincerely believe this happened. Someone testified to this under oath. Unlike the orange hitler, who can't stop lying about any and all things, this person is 100000x more believable that that orange rapist shitbag. You lost your entire argument with the term Jan 6th theatrics. Democracy at work isn't theatrics

The extremes on both ends of the political spectrum have more in common with each other than they have with the more moderate people on each side. They hate centrists because we have supposedly sold out on our principles by being pragmatic and recognising that realpolitik is the only way to deliver change albeit incrementally, because there’s never going to be enough people embracing ideological fantasies on either end on the spectrum who want to smash the system and indulge in their wet dream vision of the world that only they want.
There is definitely some truth to that.

But I wouldn’t say that the American far-right has more in common with American far-left than it does the “centre-right” at this moment in time. In fact, much of the “centre-right” is much more like the “good Germans” in the 1930s: attempting to act appalled and disconnected from the ever escalating aggression and harm being perpetrated by their far-right brethren, without actually doing much of anything to stop it (because some fear the consequences of opposing the extremists of their camp, but many simply secretly support the ultimate outcomes, even if they find the means unsavoury).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.