It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

Cucurella can play as a Centre Back (if needed). Saying that we can't sell Ake cheaply.

Cucurella's 5' 8". And a left back. We've been after a left back for ages, if we sign him I don't think he'll ever play centre back.

It's almost like saying Foden can play there 'if needed'. Yes he can, but it doesn't mean he should, or that he will.

If Ake goes, we should either sign another centre back or keep Taylor-Bellis at the club.

Cucurella's 5' 8". And a left back. We've been after a left back for ages, if we sign him I don't think he'll ever play centre back.

It's almost like saying Foden can play there 'if needed'. Yes he can, but it doesn't mean he should, or that he will.

If Ake goes, we should either sign another centre back or keep Taylor-Bellis at the club.
Mascherano (who is only an inch taller)was a converted to a centre back under Pep so expect the unexpected; and more than anything it is just as emergency cover. As it has been mentioned Phillips would be another option.

This worries me greatly all our transfers going out are going to premier league teams! why are we helping them?
We aren't helping anyone, we're getting good money for players with one year left on their contract, who want to leave the club, and we'll use that money to bolster the squad. Nobody outside the PL can meet our valuations, it's as simple as that tbh

We aren't helping anyone, we're getting good money for players with one year left on their contract, who want to leave the club, and we'll use that money to bolster the squad. Nobody outside the PL can meet our valuations, it's as simple as that tbh
Fair reply.

Until Sterling to Chelsea became a real option. I don’t think we lose a player of his ability that has done so much for us over the years without bringing someone in. That someone is the big question

replaced jesus & raheem with haaland & alvarez

We should stop with square pegs in round holes. I honestly don't feel comfortable with players playing out of position especially in our defense line.

I'm kinda sick of this "oh just play X player in a different position" constant answer. No, Phillips or cucurella at cb is not a solution. We need to expand the squad precisely to avoid these band aid situations where everyone plays out of position (and as a result their original position becomes weaker).

Every team needs 4 senior cb's this isn't rocket science. I don't necessarily think he needs to be 50m rated, but there has to be someone.

I'm kinda sick of this "oh just play X player in a different position" constant answer. No, Phillips or cucurella at cb is not a solution. We need to expand the squad precisely to avoid these band aid situations where everyone plays out of position (and as a result their original position becomes weaker).

Every team needs 4 senior cb's this isn't rocket science. I don't necessarily think he needs to be 50m rated, but there has to be someone.
Why can't the 4th CB be Mbete? Like you say what's the point in selling Ake and buying say a Pau Torres? Surely he will be just like Ake in two years time, an international fed up because he ain't playing enough.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.