It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

He apparently played left midfield for Getafe, started the season at Brighton as mainly a left mid, moved to left back, and then ended it mostly as the left CB in a back three.
I'm too lazy to prove this by research, but the year Eric Garcia captained Spain to the U19 Euro title I swear there were times in that tourney when the LW was Cucu and the RW was Torres.

Mascherano (who is only an inch taller)was a converted to a centre back under Pep so expect the unexpected; and more than anything it is just as emergency cover. As it has been mentioned Phillips would be another option.

Not saying they couldn't do a job there as a one-off. However, for me these kind of options and possibilities are fine as 5th choices, but as 4th choice they risk us wasting the season.

Not saying they couldn't do a job there as a one-off. However, for me these kind of options and possibilities are fine as 5th choices, but as 4th choice they risk us wasting the season.
If Luke Mbete shows that he can really handle the pressure and takes the 4th spot (along with the likes of Cucrella, Walker,Phillips) then any Centre Back we do bring in to replace Nathan Ake would be a waste of a squad place and money which would be difficult to move on in the future. Besides that there aren't many replacements that could fit in that role and would be content with that with the World Cup looming.

Last edited:
If Luke Mbete shows that he can really handle the pressure and takes the 4th spot (along with the likes of Cucrella, Walker,Phillips) then any Centre Back we do bring in to replace Nathan Ake would be a waste of a squad place money and would be difficult to move on in the future. Besides that there aren't many replacements that could fit in that role and would be content with that with the World Cup looming.
How can he do that.

How can he do that.
By easing him gently into games (cups) and taking it from there. We still have quality 3 centre backs without the need to rush in to buy. The defender who we might buy would have the same problem as the player who he is going to replace.

By easing him gently into games (cups) and taking it from there. We still have quality 3 centre backs without the need to rush in to buy. The defender who we might buy would have the same problem as the player who he is going to replace.
So essentially the same as this season. He gets a game if we draw a shit enough opponent in the cups?

Not sure that will make him ready to play PL football.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.