It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

been hearing for weeks now that "an agreement with chelsea is close" in the media when are they gonna stop being cheapskates and pay up? time's ticking

Indeed. Surely all 3 parties woul want it done before we head out on tour.

There have been a few links throughout the year, of CBs we were supposedly keeping an eye on should Laporte wish to leave. I imagine one of those would still be on the club's radar. The likes of Lissandro Martinez etc, can't remember them all, but I'm sure a few have been scouted for long term interest.

It still blows my mind when people suggest Ake won't be replaced, and we'd go into the season with 3 CBs. More than it does when they suggest Sterling won't be replaced.
Wonder if Zagadou is an option, i know we scouted him a season or so ago. Hes out of contract after leaving Dortmund, 27 left footed.

Chelsea doing us a favour as far as I can see.

Nobody else has come forward this summer wanting to take Sterling off our hands, solving an issue we were previously resigned to.

Ake, while a popular member of the squad, is still only a fourth-choice back up, nothing which marks him out as being able to dislodge Laporte or Dias.

Getting £50m plus for him would be excellent business and we have to accept he will be feeling the pressure in a World Cup year and has an affinity for Chelsea.

Understandably, many Blues fear losing decent players eventually means the trophy train will hit the buffers, but we are long past that stage, as a club.

That's what happens when the culture is changed by people like Mancini, Pellegrini and certainly, Pep.

We have seen Vinny, Zabba, Dave, Sergio, Toure and Fern, all degrade and eventually leave us.

We keep on winning. There are new players to be made heroes of.

Selling Sterling and Ake should not be accompanied with a careful what we wish for, but another opportunity for Pep and City to take the team forward again.
I agree with what your saying but this could be Citys biggest squad change in one summer since Pep arrived & could initially be a backward step.
It always seems to take new players a season to bed in & understand Pep's system.
Let's not open the door too wide & let Liverpool in.

Last edited:
Wonder if Zagadou is an option, i know we scouted him a season or so ago. Hes out of contract after leaving Dortmund, 27 left footed.
I like Zagadou , very good ball-playing defender , composed on the ball. He is very tall too so is an aerial threat and also helps against defending against target men. I think he would be a good replacement.

Bottled the Champions league?

Yeah ok mate.

You sound like that prick Chris Sutton.

They've only won four out of five league titles. Just bin them off and throw money at new players who will definitely win us a Champions League.

american-psycho-willem-dafoe.gif

No just think he is half decent experience 32 year old city fan on a free fourth choice would be could be an option
I'm a 0.00001% decent 56 year old city fan and i'd actually be prepared to slip the club a tenner if i could be 4th choice CB. I'm not too mobile but it would take most players quite some time to run around me. Could i be an option?

Koulibaly would be a good option 1 year left on his deal, 31 years of age been
priced at 45 mil, But would we deal with Napoli.

Since the rumour I’ve always held the view that if you can get £50M+ for a 4th choice CB who has played 1700 PL minutes in 2 years, half of those at Left Back, then we would be silly not to take that deal.

I do think we need to react accordingly, but my reaction would be to reinvest that money into an actual Left Back and bring in somebody cheaper at CB who, as you say, can fill in for 10-15 games a year across league and cup games to do a job. We’ll get much more value out of a £50M player at left back than we will on the bench for 80% of the season.
not disagreeing but it just occurred to me that if our 4th choice CB is truly worth 50m, where in the world do we get a 50m rated quality CB prepared to be 4th choice from? unless we're prepared to have a lesser 4th choice CB.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.