Neymar

I don't want to come across as being a massive Neymar fanboy because I would have serious reservations about the transfer, particularly related to his motivation and the size/length of the contract being given to a 30 year old.

But I have to say it would be fascinating to see so many misconceptions get shattered.

The premier league would be the second softest league Neymar has played in. The Brazilian league (and South American international football) and Ligue 1 are so much worse than anything that's been seen over here for 25 years.

Neymar may be flamboyant and whiney, but people have been trying to kick him off the park since he was 16. The idea it's going to happen in the Premier League when he's made it through Brazil and France is a real sign of how little outside football people watch.
fair play - ive not really seen much of him apart from when we have played against him

Think is the club will expect him to hit the ground immediately because compared to our recent signing the guy is from La Masia and should be expected to know our way of play from the get go compared to Haaland, Philips, Grealish, Cancelo, etc.
You've gone from saying Neymar will know the Barca system from 5 years ago to Cucurella not being part of the Barca system to Cucurella expecting to hit the ground running because of his La Masia connections

Very strange indeed

Compare Neymar's pressing over the last 3 years to City players last year

Pressing actions per game -

Neymar 21/22 16.5
Bernardo Silva 15.1
Neymar 20/21 14.5
Neymar 19/20 14.2

Gabriel Jesus 14.1
Raheem Sterling 13.4
Riyad Mahrez 11.6

And if you limit that to the defensive third (ie after tracking back)

Neymar 21/22 3.4
Bernardo Silva 2.74
Neymar 20/21 2.25
Riyad Mahrez 1.99
Raheem Sterling 1.61
Gabriel Jesus 1.58
Neymar 19/20 1.52

It would seem that not tracking back is another misconception. He's always been hard working in the press and when Pochettino took over he did a lot of work in the defensive third for the last 2 seasons as well.

He also attempted more tackles+interceptions per game (2.21) than Jesus (2.01), Sterling (1.82) and Mahrez (1.39), and more of those successful tackles were in his team's defensive 3rd (0.39) compared to Jesus (0.24), Mahrez (0.24) and Sterling (0.08)
Lol well I look like a dick. Still think the negatives outweigh the positives, but the kid in me would be over the moon.

Come on City, get him signed. Terrific player, and would really underline our status in the game. A huge fuck off to Chelsea, rags and scousers.

Imagine bringing an attacking line up with Haaland, Foden, Neymar and Bernardo. 150 league goals next season!

You've gone from saying Neymar will know the Barca system from 5 years ago to Cucurella not being part of the Barca system to Cucurella expecting to hit the ground running because of his La Masia connections

Very strange indeed

I'm sorry because English is not my native language, i'm sometimes mixed up so it will be confusing.

I'm saying it doens't matter how long the player is out from Barca System for years, they (Neymar? and Cucurella) will be expected to hit the ground and know from the get go if both joining us because they already experienced playing in Barca system.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.