Raheem Sterling

Despite the fact that there are a lot of posters here that are seemingly glad to be rid of him because of his erratic performances of the last couple of years or so, the truth is that it was Sterling himself that wanted away. If he had wanted to stay he probably would be here now.
It's not BM posters that have got rid of Sterling as you imply, it was Sterling that got rid of Sterling.
You have taken 'got rid of' far too literally

Meh, I'd be more bothered if we were losing the Sterling of 2 years ago. It's been obvious from his body language on the pitch that he hasn't wanted to be here for some time, which is quite frankly bonkers to me as Pep played him in almost every big game we had, seemingly to keep him happy (which he never was)

But man, that Centurion Sterling will be HARD to beat, he was a man possessed and thats the Raheem I'll remember.

Was a vital part of our success these last 7 years,always gave his all,some very important goals on the way,thanks Raheem

Dunno what it says about my own psychology that Jesus in an Arsenal kit looked right immediately but I don't like Raz in a Chelsea kit one bit.

I'd just guess at finding somebody to replace his 13 goals and 8 assists from his shite season last year would be a start.

Third top scorer, and again during his couldn't give a fuck for the club stage.

I like Jack and I hope he steps up and provides the numbers Sterling has provided throughout his career here, it would be a huge stretch to believe Alvarez and Palmer will deliver instantly, I really hope they do.

We actually scored more goals-per-game last season in games Sterling took no part in than per 90 minutes with him on or games he started.

Games Sterling took no part in: 2.87 goals per game
Goals per 90 minutes Sterling was on the pitch: 2.71 goals per 90mins
Games Sterling started: 2.56 goals per game

Our goals were not affected when Sterling was not there, we just shared them around the team more. So we don’t really have to replace his goals now he’s gone if we just do what we did without him last season.

We actually scored more goals-per-game last season in games Sterling took no part in than per 90 minutes with him on or games he started.

Our goals were not affected when Sterling was not there, we just shared them around the team more. So we don’t really have to replace his goals now he’s gone if we just do what we did without him last season.

For someone who IIRC is not a fan of stats I'm not sure why you are pushing this again.

Goals p90 when Sterling was actually on the pitch: 2.71
Goals p90 when Sterling was not on the pitch: 2.43

We scored more goals when he was on the pitch than not. Simple.

As I said last time I'm not promoting Sterling here even though they are in his favour because the stats are meaningless in that you can't read too much into them. Certainly you can't use them to substantiate your final paragraph. But I do agree we will score shit loads with who we have at our disposal.

Aguero, Sterling, Sane and Jesus scored 65 goals between them in 18/19. Now that seems a big miss but no doubt we will get around the 100 mark again.

I see the haters are straight to the like button.

You want to break that down further to the hardness of the opposition as well just to make sure that Sterling won't be missed.

FFS man he was the third top scorer, the guy who has had most goals and assists under Pep bar Messi but fuck we won't miss that at all eh lol

132 goals and 80+ assists and some weird fans still have to go out their way to prove how he can easily be replaced/won't be missed/he was shit anyway you know!

It reminds me of the people who said Hart was a shite keeper so they could all be first in the Pep knows keepers best club.

ps
I am sure that stat comparison was used about Aguero and Jesus btw ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.