Raheem Sterling | Arsenal Player (on loan)

I said he wouldn't do a farewell video like Gabby and Ferna.

For all the hot air in his farewell message to us, bottom line is he didn't get us and was never one of us.

Great transfer for us, we got plenty in our armoury to go again this season and we won't be seeing anybody in a city shirt missing and open goal from one yard ever again.
Dreadful and disrespectful post. After all the glory, the drama, the fantastic football, the piss taking we did on and off the pitch, the goals, the phenomenal never to be forgotten games and moments (even the open goals or Madrid collapses which are all part of football) and that Sterling was a great contributor to, you post that.
Do you not realise players and humans have flaws?

possibly our worse transfer mistake ever .
I admire you Bill, I think you know that. And I owe you big time, which (again) I think you know. But I have to disagree with you on this. You've seen some of the shit we've brought to the club in the past 50 years. I wouldn't place this in the top 20 transfer mistakes. Plus, by all accounts, it seems to have been pretty much Raheem's choice. Now, I wish him nothing but the best for his future going forward. I think neither club nor player owe anything to the other party. All the best Raheem (not against us though, eh?).

After his miss against Lyon and his miss against Burnley and countless other sitters he somehow contrived to miss, you’d be forgiven for thinking I’d be a bit blasé about him leaving. And you’d be right!
I do however acknowledge that his stats and overall contribution make me look like a complete fool but that’s showbiz. He is undoubtedly a brilliant footballer but equally he is one of the most frustrating. I know I’m not alone in this but when all is said and done I do want to place on the record my thanks for his overall contribution which I’d rate as 7.5 out of 10.

Best of luck and thanks Raheem.

Personally would rather he stayed, too much change in one go isn't great, I also think it's a far bigger gamble at Chelsea than here for him in terms of team and personal success, but here we are.

I guess if he's prepared to walk over lack of guarantees over game time, or because we won't slap down £300k a week, then he's every right to go somewhere else where they will do.

For us, I just worry who else is getting on the end of these through balls now beside Haaland, if he's injured etc. It's relying on Alvarez hitting the ground running, which he does seem capable of, and Foden too, as just don't see it being in Grealish, Mahrez or Palmer's game. But I suppose I should just accept that we have a plan and wait and watch.

Loved the days of sane and sterling on the wings too, so fast that they could square for each other just to round the keeper, game after game.

It’s gonna be bloody weird watching Sterling and Jesus for other clubs next season. Sane aside (who we don’t have to see in the Prem every week) we have been very lucky over the years to have kept our players.

Surprised Chelsea didn't milk the signing, very underwhelming announcement I think.

Perhaps a cordial agreement between the clubs.

Coz it's done on USA and too close with their US Pre Season when deal is announced, have no time to prepare worthy video announcement.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.