Jules Koundé

Still their defence would be good but their attack is poor.. They haven't had a world class striker since Drogba..Torres who was a flop turned out to be the best signing that were suppose to replace Drogba.. The ones that followed were all shite.. Morata,Werner,Lukaku..
Costa for a short while

Agreement in principle with Sevilla for the transfer of Kounde

Hes doing a medical and then its done.

Edit: Price is reportedly 50+5+5m€.
Probably with a lot of it upfront though, divided in 2 payments.

Last edited:
Chelsea got NO ONE to blame but themselves.. they got a free reign all last summer when Real didnt come in at all like everyone and tier sources expected them to. Chelsea still didn't close the deal. This summer Barcas targets was clear very early and they knew about it.

The sporting directors at Barca and Sevilla go way back. They been in football administration for over 30 years in Spain. They are similar to Txiki in that way, they know people all around and especially their counterparts in Spain, you think they didnt speak leading up to this summer and the process of dealings at Barca.. no way, all the representatives and players knew.

Boelhy seems a bit naive about this, maybe he shouldnt have sacked everybody until after the window.

And all these are all old targets for Barca so not very surprising. Im mostly surprised by Kounde though considering he was a Real target for a long while by high tiers, hes been an absolute revelation in their own league though for a long time time so one of the least surprising targets in a long time from that perspective. All others are long Barca targets. Chelsea got Koulibaly though.. Barcas dream since like 5 years ago.

I think Bernardo is out of reach this summer though and they know it, like I said earlier, I just think this is to keep the pressure on the De Jong deal.

If any midfielder for Barca, Soler in the last week is my bet but probably not.
Silva "screwed up" by playing way too good lol.. Hes wanted to leave since 2020 summer and then summer 2021 again by tier 1 journos and I believe he could have gone for 50m£ or so back then.. How is it gonna happen now. It sounds crazy. City want double and Barca got their strongest future part of their team there already, I just dont see it at all. Barca had no chance paying 50m summer 20 or 21, in the winter window it would have been feasible but Silva had been fucking amazing by then lol.
If he wants to leave he will have to sit on his contract.

I dont see it.. Bernardo at his absolute highest peak-price in his career.. I just don't see it. Next year hes only got 2 year left on his deal.

I think its all about the wages for Kounde.. and how much he would want to sacrifice for Barca. Remember, Koulibaly wages were crazy even though Kounde was probably gonna be far from that. I think Kounde and his agent has waited all summer for Barca, doesnt make sense otherwise+ probably got burnt a bit by Chelsea last summer when it didnt happen and Kounde probably preferred Real then.. but they never moved. Basically I think he prefers staying in Spain where he is held in the highest regard and status.
+Remember compared to last season Kounde got 2 years left on his contract now and Monchi will be feeling the pressure the longer this goes on.. I dont think Sevilla ever really had the intention of selling Kounde last season, they wanted Kounde+Carlos for one last season and see what they could achieve. And knew they would have to sell Kounde the following summer. (cos contract)

For me it was always clear the he would go to Real or Barca (unless Pep and City came in..), hes been a phenomenon in La Liga.

It was always pretty clear he would go to Real or Barca if hes got the shot, and since Real wasnt in for him after there overhaul of the CBs last seasons, there was no space for him there and if he wanted to go to one of the Super clubs in Spain, Barca this season was the only option, cos theres really no way to go from the Top 4 English clubs to Barca/Real any longer, that path is closed by the enormous financials in the PL nowadays.
Players with a special affinity towards Barca/Real (ie Raphinha), or players that is already in Spain targeted by the big 2 is always going to be hard to get out of there. The rest (of the worlds players) will more and more gravitate towards the PL though.

Chelsea screwed up by not keep contact with them thru the takeover, Barca has probably already been in contact with the players camps before summer and set it up and form then it was tough for Chelsea.

Last edited:
And just like that City was reportedly in for a late HIJACK attempt.. lol
Manchester City tried to hijack the signing of Koundé, but without success. Lequipe

I dont believe it though.

Chelsea got NO ONE to blame but themselves.. they got a free reign all last summer when Real didnt come in at all like everyone and tier sources expected them to. Chelsea still didn't close the deal. This summer Barcas targets was clear very early and they knew about it.

The sporting directors at Barca and Sevilla go way back. They been in football administration for over 30 years in Spain. They are similar to Txiki in that way, they know people all around and especially their counterparts in Spain, you think they didnt speak leading up to this summer and the process of dealings at Barca.. no way, all the representatives and players knew.

Boelhy seems a bit naive about this, maybe he shouldnt have sacked everybody until after the window.

And all these are all old targets for Barca so not very surprising. Im mostly surprised by Kounde though considering he was a Real target for a long while by high tiers, hes been an absolute revelation in their own league though for a long time time so one of the least surprising targets in a long time from that perspective. All others are long Barca targets. Chelsea got Koulibaly though.. Barcas dream since like 5 years ago.

I think Bernardo is out of reach this summer though and they know it, like I said earlier, I just think this is to keep the pressure on the De Jong deal.

If any midfielder for Barca, Soler in the last week is my bet but probably not.
Silva "screwed up" by playing way too good lol.. Hes wanted to leave since 2020 summer and then summer 2021 again by tier 1 journos and I believe he could have gone for 50m£ or so back then.. How is it gonna happen now. It sounds crazy. City want double and Barca got their strongest future part of their team there already, I just dont see it at all. Barca had no chance paying 50m summer 20 or 21, in the winter window it would have been feasible but Silva had been fucking amazing by then lol.
If he wants to leave he will have to sit on his contract.

I dont see it.. Bernardo at his absolute highest peak-price in his career.. I just don't see it. Next year hes only got 2 year left on his deal.

I think its all about the wages for Kounde.. and how much he would want to sacrifice for Barca. Remember, Koulibaly wages were crazy even though Kounde was probably gonna be far from that. I think Kounde and his agent has waited all summer for Barca, doesnt make sense otherwise+ probably got burnt a bit by Chelsea last summer when it didnt happen and Kounde probably preferred Real then.. but they never moved. Basically I think he prefers staying in Spain where he is held in the highest regard and status.
+Remember compared to last season Kounde got 2 years left on his contract now and Monchi will be feeling the pressure the longer this goes on.. I dont think Sevilla ever really had the intention of selling Kounde last season, they wanted Kounde+Carlos for one last season and see what they could achieve. And knew they would have to sell Kounde the following summer. (cos contract)

For me it was always clear the he would go to Real or Barca (unless Pep and City came in..), hes been a phenomenon in La Liga.

It was always pretty clear he would go to Real or Barca if hes got the shot, and since Real wasnt in for him after there overhaul of the CBs last seasons, there was no space for him there and if he wanted to go to one of the Super clubs in Spain, Barca this season was the only option, cos theres really no way to go from the Top 4 English clubs to Barca/Real any longer, that path is closed by the enormous financials in the PL nowadays.
Players with a special affinity towards Barca/Real (ie Raphinha), or players that is already in Spain targeted by the big 2 is always going to be hard to get out of there. The rest (of the worlds players) will more and more gravitate towards the PL though.

Chelsea screwed up by not keep contact with them thru the takeover, Barca has probably already been in contact with the players camps before summer and set it up and form then it was tough for Chelsea.
Impressive word count.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.