Liverpool (N) | Community Shield | Post-Match

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looked really disjointed for most of the game - especially first half, which is to be expected with only 2 preseason games. In previous seasons its understandable as players return late after internationals, but theres no excuse for that this year.

Not overly bothered about the result itself (we lost this game last year), but was a little concerned by how easily we were "got at" on a few occasions. Most teams we play aren't as good as Liverpool, so we might not get exposed too often, but Grealish and Mahrez (or Foden and Alvarez) will have to work a lot harder defensively in more meaningful games.

We looked good (at times) going forwards. Just learning which runs to make and passes to play.

Co-commentator went to great lengths to emphasise that this was only our third friendly and Pep is looking way beyond that game.
She also went to great lengths to describe the Ederson challenge as a definite penalty when he clearly got to the ball first, even after seeing it in slow motion 3 times.

Pep seems really chilled! Lol clearly doesn’t come on bluemoon :-)

The club want champions league & the lack of pre season giving players more rest supports it for me.

Pep wants to peak at the right time & we generally peak to early,

He will still go for the league but if we drop a few points at the start I don’t think the club are arsed.

This season will be a freak one. Injuries & World Cup will play a huge factor in who wins what.

Just enjoy the ride blues as this season will be a rollercoaster

Pep seems really chilled! Lol clearly doesn’t come on bluemoon :-)

The club want champions league & the lack of pre season giving players more rest supports it for me.

Pep wants to peak at the right time & we generally peak to early,

He will still go for the league but if we drop a few points at the start I don’t think the club are arsed.

This season will be a freak one. Injuries & World Cup will play a huge factor in who wins what.

Just enjoy the ride blues as this season will be a rollercoaster
I very much doubt we will be tossing off the league in favour of the lottery of a knockout cup competition we have never won

I very much doubt we will be tossing off the league in favour of the lottery of a knockout cup competition we have never won
The fact you say never won says it’s all. It’s why we have pep.

Prem league is second in my opinion this season for the club. They will try & win it but not at the expense of champions league.

For the first time ever I would rather win champs league too.

To be honest my choice this season would be. Champs league, fa cup & top 3. Happily sacrifice prem for those 3 this season.

i watched the first half the went out, couldnt be arsed watching a game where my team couldnt be arsed.

Looks liker the usual we arent warmed up yet and ready, if we can take 4 points out of first two PL games i will be delighted. Why we have to get going four games in to a season i dont know, and it really annoys me when we go and win 20 on the bounce over xmas !!!!!

You must have been in a permanent state of apoplectic rage then from about 1980 to 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.