Liverpool (N) | Community Shield | Post-Match

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed, but I think the players deserved an extended break after 4 titles in 5 years. Plus we'll still walk the League anyway, I didn't see anything from Liverpool to suggest they'll take our title this season.

Pep seems to prefer to start slowly and grow into a season - given his coaching successes against mine ( at subbuteo ) I will defer to his expertise

A lot of players half a yard off.

Rodders looks a bit of a chunky monkey, should have brought Phillips on at HT.

Would have been nice to win but it's not relevant to when the proper stuff starts next week.

Just hope we don't do back to back defeats like last season. We should even at 75/80% fitness have enough next Sunday.
That first sentence is the worrying part. We looked so undercooked and way of the pace it does worry me for next week. That being said I think I say the same thing every year and it generally turns out well.

Don't have the energy to get wound up about that result, let them dine off it for a week and look for improvements when the season starts.

I adore football but the 24/7 circus isn't worth the headspace, especially not at this stage. One things for sure though, it'll be more of the same coverage wise so best to make peace with it early.

I think its fair to say Liverpool were good value for their win, more ahead with their prep and wanted it more but the score line flattered them.

Not sure I agree, it's not irrelevant to me or other Blues I'm sure.

I don't like losing and especially against Liverpool, that's now 4 games we haven't beaten them. They looked a lot more up for it than we did and that's frustrating.
People have spent good money again and got an average, some half arsed display from some of the players.

I have to admit I'm very worried about our preparations, we have played 2 games pre season and we look totally under cooked and under prepared, Peps made a mistake given them so much time off
Next Sundays game looks very difficult and the Newcastle one soon after.
I'm very disappointed in today to be honest.
Okay last time, we’ve won the league 4 of the last 5. So what on earth make you and others sat on the internet think they know how to prepare a squad for a season than the manager that prepared a squad to win 4 of the last 5 leagues.
We prepare the way Pep thinks fit to do otherwise would be fucking stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.