Liverpool (N) | Community Shield | Post-Match

Status
Not open for further replies.
I assume this is sarcasm. At what point do we just send Mahrez on holiday when we play Liverpool. He's consistently fucking horrible. He also looked about 2 yards slower than everyone else.
We just gave him a 2 year extension. No doubt he was very poor today though.

Exactly this. They were desperate for the win, we recognised that it's not that important a match, just a matter of getting some game time. Result is irrelevant.
Not sure I agree, it's not irrelevant to me or other Blues I'm sure.

I don't like losing and especially against Liverpool, that's now 4 games we haven't beaten them. They looked a lot more up for it than we did and that's frustrating.
People have spent good money again and got an average, some half arsed display from some of the players.

I have to admit I'm very worried about our preparations, we have played 2 games pre season and we look totally under cooked and under prepared, Peps made a mistake given them so much time off
Next Sundays game looks very difficult and the Newcastle one soon after.
I'm very disappointed in today to be honest.

Second and a cup run is realistic this season -:)

Overall the game was not great from a city perspective. Slower all over the pitch. Passing was off and the big fella couldn’t get going. We will need to relearn how to link up with a number 9. The wide players in particular caused us to turnover the ball a lot which led to counter after counter.

Once this new death star becomes operational we will be blowing teams apart.

I would rather a match like this than an easy win. It shows we are not perfect and the players need to work on the transitional attacking phases of play. We all need to be realistic and patient to allow the new players to settle. City are a possession team and when we don’t or can’t control the ball we suffer.

Liverpool were Liverpool nothing new. They came out of the blocks quickly and unfortunately on this occasion we did not contain them for the 20 min needed each half.

The better team won today. Game on.

Oh, Alvarez looks a great piece of business.

Guys we lost, it is what it is. Would obviously have been better if we didn’t but we move on. No need to dwell on it and start worrying about referees or VAR.

Only concern is our wingers need to do more, no link ups with Haaland or with midfielders. Early days but we still had some spells that we were looking good so there are positives from this match.

Thought KDB looked most off the pace to be honest.

If there was a summer tournament then I see the logic behind having practically no pre-season, but with all the players together from day 1 and no tournament, what excuse do we have for being this unfit? Why do we have to keep playing catch up? Why can’t we just turn up looking ready?
Agreed, but I think the players deserved an extended break after 4 titles in 5 years. Plus we'll still walk the League anyway, I didn't see anything from Liverpool to suggest they'll take our title this season.

A lot of players half a yard off.

Rodders looks a bit of a chunky monkey, should have brought Phillips on at HT.

Would have been nice to win but it's not relevant to when the proper stuff starts next week.

Just hope we don't do back to back defeats like last season. We should even at 75/80% fitness have enough next Sunday.

First time seeing a replay of that did var even check it ? Big.difference to their pen Carney even said dias blatant handball ffs

It would seem not as I am sure that even VAR would not allow a "try" to pass them by - pretty sure that was grounded correctly with downward pressure no the ball with at least one hand....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.