Liverpool (N) | Community Shield | Post-Match

Status
Not open for further replies.
Liverpool get the ball in the box as quick as possible we need to do the same if Haaland in the box get it in there
Yea that's the one thing I took out of it. You can tell Nunez has done a full preseason and played 4/5 games with them and the Liverpool players are already looking for him at every opportunity. Not saying it excuses Haaland missing two big chances, but on the other hand you could tell Haaland has only played a game and a half with us.

No, I didn't. I too consider it a friendly, a way of getting some mileage into the legs. That's why our record in the game down the years is pretty much irrelevant to me. As I said in the match thread, if somebody told me at 4:55 that we'd win one and lose one of our next two games, I know which one I'd take the defeat in. Do I like losing (particularly to that lot)? No I don't. But we've got far bigger fish to fry in the next 10 months.
Oh I agree completely. I'd even got the stat wrong - I don't remember beating Liverpool three years ago, which says an awful lot

I suspect we'll start the season slowly and pull away after a couple of months, like usual

Oh I agree completely. I'd even got the stat wrong - I don't remember beating Liverpool three years ago, which says an awful lot

I suspect we'll start the season slowly and pull away after a couple of months, like usual
Penalties, IIRC. Didn’t Raheem score the winning penalty, or am I thinking of the CC final we beat them in?

Heh? You mean Haaland? You're judging him based on this pre-season friendly game?? What does Sterling has anything to do with this?
An obvious comparison between missed chances and how people react to them for different players. Halland was poor but I would expect him to improve as the season unfolds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.