It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

Usually city don’t buy in the winter but the fact pep mentioned it means they don’t think anyone is currently available. We should start seeing names appear in October

He also said 'We still have days until the end of the month. We will see' when talking about a left back

We don't need another winger.

Options for RW: Mahrez, Foden, Alvarez, Palmer (Bernardo, even Cancelo)

Options for LW: Foden, Grealish, Alvarez

Alvarez replaces Jesus in that he can play across the front line, and not just at 9 or 10.

That Cucurella fee is way to expensive. He is not worth that. £62 million that’s just crazy. Our fee of £40 million much more acceptable. It feels like a scattergun approach for Chelsea , that I just don’t see working.

Alvarez replaces Jesus in that he can play across the front line, and not just at 9 or 10.
I agree, the only reason I'd see for another winger is if we wre to sell Bernardo and wanted to move Foden into midfield.

Would you rather we had paid £62m for him? Had you even heard of him 12 months ago?

no i think Chelsea have been bummed mate! I just think the agent told us possibly £40m would get it done and we tried a couple of cheeky offers below that and then went to the £40m before seemingly chelsea give brighton a beyond dream scenario and came steaming in with their £50m offer which still managed to extract even more from them?

Cucurella's agent was probably telling us a few porkies and he quoted that we could sign him for that fee. It appears Brighton wanted a bidding war and they have got more money.

Last edited:
no i think Chelsea have been bummed mate! I just think the agent told us possibly £40m would get it done and we tried a couple of cheeky offers below that and then went to the £40m before seemingly chelsea give brighton a beyond dream scenario and came steaming in with their £50m offer which still managed to extract even more from them?
or their price was alway around £60m and Chelsea finally reached it?

That seems like obviously the most likely scenario.

If we can’t get a left back before the window closes, we’re taking an awful risk. There’s no way Walker and Cancelo can play the 23+ matches between now and November. Ake has played a little bit there and we have Wilson Esbrand who has 1 Carabao appearance to his name. If Cancelo gets injured we’re in real trouble defensively. Last season even with Zinchenko, Fernandinho played full back.

One of the main issues of concern for me is our lack of natural width. We sold Sterling, Jesus and Zinchenko all of whom could overlap and get to the byline. Walker and Cancelo can both do it on the right, on the left we have Foden. It had been suggested that Cucurella would give us this width but that’s not happening. We could end up being very narrow which makes us much easier to defend against.

I cannot understand why a club that has regularly been burned in transfers doesn’t appear to have a back up plan for left back.

I also cannot understand why we aren’t in for a midfielder, we know Bernardo is going, if not summer then next, Gundogan will leave next summer. So we’ll need 2 midfielders, we are supposed to have our eye on Bellingham but why aren’t we bringing in someone now to settle this season to minimise disruption next season? It doesn’t make sense to me.

For right wing 4 left footers and a right footed striker and full back. Let wing, one left footer and 2 right footers. That’s a very narrow side.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.