It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

If we can’t get a left back before the window closes, we’re taking an awful risk. There’s no way Walker and Cancelo can play the 23+ matches between now and November. Ake has played a little bit there and we have Wilson Esbrand who has 1 Carabao appearance to his name. If Cancelo gets injured we’re in real trouble defensively. Last season even with Zinchenko, Fernandinho played full back.

One of the main issues of concern for me is our lack of natural width. We sold Sterling, Jesus and Zinchenko all of whom could overlap and get to the byline. Walker and Cancelo can both do it on the right, on the left we have Foden. It had been suggested that Cucurella would give us this width but that’s not happening. We could end up being very narrow which makes us much easier to defend against.

I cannot understand why a club that has regularly been burned in transfers doesn’t appear to have a back up plan for left back.

I also cannot understand why we aren’t in for a midfielder, we know Bernardo is going, if not summer then next, Gundogan will leave next summer. So we’ll need 2 midfielders, we are supposed to have our eye on Bellingham but why aren’t we bringing in someone now to settle this season to minimise disruption next season? It doesn’t make sense to me.
I am not sure Gundogan goes next year. I could see him getting a 1yr extension. Bernardo will probably go , but I think Nunes and Paqueta are being looked at for next summer. This summer was mainly for Ferna replacement and striker.

I am not sure Gundogan goes next year. I could see him getting a 1yr extension. Bernardo will probably go , but I think Nunes and Paqueta are being looked at for next summer. This summer was mainly for Ferna replacement and striker.
If Gundogan was going to extend he would have done so by now. We face losing 2 squad members next summer so we really to plan it now. It would be much easier to get someone settled in this season.

If Gundogan was going to extend he would have done so by now. We face losing 2 squad members next summer so we really to plan it now. It would be much easier to get someone settled in this season.
He didn’t rule out of a new deal , I’d say there is still a possibility. Bernardo looks like he will go next summer but that isn’t a guarantee - we need to make sure we get the team cohesion right and not introduce too many new players to distrupt the dressing room.

People seem to forget we won 2 league titles without any starting wingers.

Nasri and Silva.

Narrow isn't a dirty word.
No and I think with Grealish and Foden thats what we are looking at. I do think though Pep wants to use he whole width of the pitch and to use narrow wide playes, then fullbacks capable of overlapping are essential. So that's why I'm sure we will bring somebody at left back that at least provides that option in.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.