47 | Phil Foden - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the fascinating thing about this season is that Pep has basically built two great City teams: the all out attacking centurions and the highly controlled dominance of lockdown. I think he has all the pieces for a third that blends the best of both but it's going to be fascinating watching how he does it. I think Kalvin might have a bigger role in that than we might think if we are going with the double pivot.
Yeah 100% agree. It will be fascinating to see how the team evolves over the season.

Very steady performance. Some nice touches, passes and crosses. Most impressed by his movement when the City defender or midfielder got ahead of him, in that he slid into the defensive cover space.

Excellent team performance from him.

Very very very quality performance as a RW

He already has reached a level when he is good on every 5 attacking position

LW RW LCM RCM False9…

I don’t remember anyone that good in recent history

Such a versatility is divine

How many postions can this lad play ? He adapts to Pep's requirements , he just doesnt do a job either , he excels no matter were he starts on the pitch , no longer a prospect a fully fledged first class player , he could go down as the most decorated English player ever to play the game.
He just needs to keep his head down avoid any controversies the media will try and stitch him up with , and he will be a one of the all time great City players.

Can play anywhere, but still don't think RW is his best position, but Pep clearly wanted to start Grealish and wanted Foden so here we are.

That being said, he did good. Kept the ball well, dribbled in the few moments he thought it was necessary. I can see Pep rotating him in the attacking midfield spots for rotation as well, simply because he can just play anywhere, and I think it's his future position.

Both he and Jack made good chances. Haaland could have scored 2 more from them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.