47 | Phil Foden - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can’t wait to see him progress even more this season. His understanding with Grealish is evident already and his game will elevate this season too meaning Phil’s will as well.

Phill will be our main winger this season I guess..

False9 is already fully vacated by Haaland and Alvarez, so I don't see him playing there any more..

Mahrez and Grealish aren't "3 games per week" type players for me.. They have quality, but if you use them that frequently, eventually their quality will start to decrease.. So it will be Phil either on LW or RW and Jack / Mahrez will be rotated game-by-game.. Sometimes Pep may even use him as LCM / RCM if someone from Gundo / KDB / Bernardo trio is injured and we need help there..

Last season he was our most used attacking player.. Got 3200 minutes on the pitch.. So it won't be different this year..

It's funny I am looking at the statistics and last season - Cancelo played more minutes than Ederson.. This guy is insane <3

Thought he looked our most dangerous/sharp player when he came on - sharp passing, neat touches, had a hand in the goal and then a tasty flick for Haalands disallowed goal.

Will be interesting to see where he plays, but we need to have him on the pitch.

Thought he looked our most dangerous/sharp player when he came on - sharp passing, neat touches, had a hand in the goal and then a tasty flick for Haalands disallowed goal.

Will be interesting to see where he plays, but we need to have him on the pitch.
Agree 1 billion percent.

Underrated. Even by some of our fanbase. I expect a big year from him.
If we had paid money for him he would start as many games as KDB, Rodri and Bernie. It feels like Pep sees him as the one who can make way to give other players game time (deserved or not). For me, he starts every week and only doesn’t play when he needs a rest. He is world-class and it’s about time we started treating him as such. It may piss other players off, but it’s up to them to rise to the challenge.

If we had paid money for him he would start as many games as KDB, Rodri and Bernie. It feels like Pep sees him as the one who can make way to give other players game time (deserved or not). For me, he starts every week and only doesn’t play when he needs a rest. He is world-class and it’s about time we started treating him as such. It may piss other players off, but it’s up to them to rise to the challenge.
Over the last two years he's basically starts every 'big' game, no? I think Pep recognizes his importance. I can't imagine he's happy with him over missing pre-season, though.

What I desperately want is to see is him start to transition centrally. That's his 'natural' position after all as great as he's been on the wing for us. You want a player like him on/around the ball as much as possible. Pep clearly doesn't think he's ready yet for some reason? Maybe think's he's 'too' attacking? Idk, but he's one of our best players and a did a thankless job as our false 9 last year which Haaland just found it isn't as easy as Phil made it look.

Over the last two years he's basically starts every 'big' game, no? I think Pep recognizes his importance. I can't imagine he's happy with him over missing pre-season, though.

What I desperately want is to see is him start to transition centrally. That's his 'natural' position after all as great as he's been on the wing for us. You want a player like him on/around the ball as much as possible. Pep clearly doesn't think he's ready yet for some reason? Maybe think's he's 'too' attacking? Idk, but he's one of our best players and a did a thankless job as our false 9 last year which Haaland just found it isn't as easy as Phil made it look.
Pep wants him to have the ‘pausa’ ability. I get why but that’s just not Phil. Phil is a get the ball and go type player that can also skip past players even if risky in the middle of the park.

The only young player so far at City that has that is McAtee. Not comparing both or advocating for him to be playing, just describing attributes.

You’re right about CM being his position. Feels like people have forgotten or choose to ignore. Some day he may move and cement his place there but not sure it’s any time soon. Nonetheless, he was dangerous when he came on. He’s the one player that usually has a good game against the dippers.

The issue is, where do we play Phil this season? I think for his own development, it's best that he has a single position that he can make his own.

Reactions: JDV
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.