47 | Phil Foden - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Over the last two years he's basically starts every 'big' game, no? I think Pep recognizes his importance. I can't imagine he's happy with him over missing pre-season, though.

What I desperately want is to see is him start to transition centrally. That's his 'natural' position after all as great as he's been on the wing for us. You want a player like him on/around the ball as much as possible. Pep clearly doesn't think he's ready yet for some reason? Maybe think's he's 'too' attacking? Idk, but he's one of our best players and a did a thankless job as our false 9 last year which Haaland just found it isn't as easy as Phil made it look.
I love how he has that attacking mindset, especially with Haaland in the team. We need to progress the ball quicker for Haaland and Phil is perfect for that.

I'd like to see us try the below front 6:

.Haaland.

.Foden. .KDB. Alvarez.

.Rodri. .Silva.

Underrated. Even by some of our fanbase. I expect a big year from him.
Some people don't pay nearly enough attention. He played most of the year out of position and running his socks off for the rest of the team, did a hell of a job there, and is now returning to a position of strength knowing what sort of positions a good striker takes up. His assists are going to be huge this year. And he's still young. It's wild.

Would love to see him as a support striker behind haaland. Kdb & rodri as a 2, grealish and alvarez to the left and right. I just think he would be lethal feeding off and to haaland.

He and Haaland should be the two main men across the front three. Let Grealish, Mahrez, Alvarez and Palmer battle it out for the third spot.

He is just soo talented. I love when he plays and I’m genuinely surprised when sometimes he doesn’t impact the game as much as he’s capable both for us and England. He’s easily one of my favorites.

Last edited:
Ridiculous talent

He’s also coming up 23, so I expect him to start truly establishing himself as one of the most talented players around and solidify himself as a real starter for us and England.

Over the last two years he's basically starts every 'big' game, no? I think Pep recognizes his importance. I can't imagine he's happy with him over missing pre-season, though.

What I desperately want is to see is him start to transition centrally. That's his 'natural' position after all as great as he's been on the wing for us. You want a player like him on/around the ball as much as possible. Pep clearly doesn't think he's ready yet for some reason? Maybe think's he's 'too' attacking? Idk, but he's one of our best players and a did a thankless job as our false 9 last year which Haaland just found it isn't as easy as Phil made it look.
I agree and think he should play the left side number 8 role, alongside Rodri and Bernie.
Now we have Haaland, we will need his and Bernie's workrate in midfield.
If fit, he starts every game for me.

I love how he has that attacking mindset, especially with Haaland in the team. We need to progress the ball quicker for Haaland and Phil is perfect for that.

.Haaland.

.Foden. .KDB. Alvarez.

.Rodri. .Silva.
Yes. Let us drop 10 points making Alvarez RW and Sila DMC
while Mahrez, Palmer, Philipps, Gundo natural on those positions sitting on the bench.

.Haaland.

.Foden. .KDB. Alvarez.

.Rodri. .Silva.
I think the fascinating thing about this season is that Pep has basically built two great City teams: the all out attacking centurions and the highly controlled dominance of lockdown. I think he has all the pieces for a third that blends the best of both but it's going to be fascinating watching how he does it. I think Kalvin might have a bigger role in that than we might think if we are going with the double pivot.

Reactions: JDV
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.