10 | Jack Grealish - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
anyone who says Jack cannot play centrally should carefully watch this video. Jack was never a winger
How can anybody genuinely suggest somebody can play in a position he's virtually never played in for his entire career to date based on a 2 minute highlight reel? For a start, a big chunk of the clips are of Villa on the counter attack, we don't play on the counter.

Grealish doesn't have the work rate nor the intensity in his game to play Central for Pep, it's a fundamental need for anybody in Central midfield and he isn't even close to having it. Nothing else matters of he can't offer that. He will never play there for Pep unless there is a monumental change in his game and it's not one that seems likely to happen anytime soon.

He looked better to me. But still well off where I think he could be. I think he has the talents needed to be a very good player for us (that is high praise these days) but I am not sure he is best utilised on the wing.

He played well.

When the opportunity arrived he looked to drive forward and was always looking to create,at the very least he was the subject of attention for 2 or 3 of their players and was drawing attention away for others to exploit,or they should have been.....Still clearly under Pep instruction to be far less the maverick than he was at Villa,hence the safe balls at time.....but that is City's default setting,and something that will not change.

In summary,he was far more involved,he was panicking their defence when he got the ball,and he looked fitter and more confident.

Plenty to be encouraged about and plenty to build on.

Very good performance but still playing so within himself.

I am far from his greatest fan but his has so much more to offer than we see, I would love to see him take more risk , take on his man but it's always the easy option.

It is great to listen to Pep talk about what Jack brings to the team. Sometimes, reading here you would think he was an obstacle to us achieving success, rather than part of a championship winning squad.

I said at half time yesterday that, while he did nothing wrong in the first half, he just wasn’t aggressive enough with the ball at his feet creating positive outcomes. Then in the first twenty seconds of the second half he made an aggressive dribbling run forward and I thought “right, that’s more like it” but then just seemed to revert to that nice laidback nice Jack from the first half again, doing nothing wrong but just being safe.

As I say he’s not doing anything wrong, but he just needs a bit more ‘umph’ in his game.

I thought he was brilliant yesterday, linked up well with Cancelo and was a constant threat. He’s not the sort of player that racks up a lot of goals and never will be.
I don’t know about brilliant, he was just good. Which is good, we want our players to be good. But he needs more to be more forthright in his application before we can say he’s been brilliant.

I said at half time yesterday that, while he did nothing wrong in the first half, he just wasn’t aggressive enough with the ball at his feet creating positive outcomes. Then in the first twenty seconds of the second half he made an aggressive dribbling run forward and I thought “right, that’s more like it” but then just seemed to revert to that nice laidback nice Jack from the first half again, doing nothing wrong but just being safe.

As I say he’s not doing anything wrong, but he just needs a bit more ‘umph’ in his game.

Could that be more to do with peps instructions? Ie keep the ball and no risks

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.