10 | Jack Grealish - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every time he gets the ball, he has 2/3 men around him. It’s why his only option is a pass back to Cancelo who ends up with all the space in the world.

Now we have Haaland, you’d hope it’ll create more space for the other attackers while defenders concentrate on him. Here’s hoping.

Still expect a big season from Grealish, though.
I'm sorry but that's just not true...not everything.
Grealish needs to focus on his game instead of getting involved in w8nning free kicks and trying yo wind up opposition players and fans as

I think we all saw an improved performance from Grealish when JWE was overlapping. Grealish isn't a hug the touchline type of winger - he needs to drift inside.
But we have players who are much better than him to play inside.
I agree he is not that type of winger
I'm still struggling to see why we bought him...he adds very little of anything and isn't better at anything than anyone we have.
Alvarez looked better than Grealish is one cameo than he did all last season

When we signed Jack Grealish were there any other clubs who would have forked out £100m - apart from the usual suspects who are linked with every player on the planet, the Rags and Barca.
I still find him a very odd purchase.

I'm sorry but that's just not true...not everything.
Grealish needs to focus on his game instead of getting involved in w8nning free kicks and trying yo wind up opposition players and fans as
"Grealish needs to focus on his game instead of getting involved in w8nning free kicks and trying yo wind up opposition players and fans "

Is that not what his games was always about?

Winning cheap free kick is simply not good enough, stay on your feet and make the opponent commit and take advantage.

I remember the time when the Birmingham fan came on the pitch and thumped him, he was pissed and took it out on the opposition and scored a wonder goal, that's the Grealish I want to see, the one that was getting into the faces of the rags last season.

Last edited:
When we signed Jack Grealish were there any other clubs who would have forked out £100m - apart from the usual suspects who are linked with every player on the planet, the Rags and Barca.
I still find him a very odd purchase.

I said the same when we signed Riyad Mahrez, and still think it was a strange purchase. He was never worth £60m and unlikely to attract interest from elsewhere at half that price.

£100m for Jack Grealish was one of the most bizarre signings ever imo. A £30m player at best. The fee is just a millstone around his neck.

100% he is made for the role, he has to be involved in the game for 90 minutes, and he has the personality to be a leader in the CM.

Fitness is the only issue but pleased to say that looks much improved from last season and it had to be.

But wherever he plays the excuses for him have to stop, it's time to perform.
Personally I believe he’s still lacking in confidence and self belief, he’s playing within himself , doesn’t want to lose the ball so takes the easy option .

Personally I believe he’s still lacking in confidence and self belief, he’s playing within himself , doesn’t want to lose the ball so takes the easy option .
Then if that's the case he is simply not the player for us.

There may be a point in what your saying about possession but that comes from his manager and one of the reasons why Pep bombed out Sane, another player that took risks, Pep does not like that.

I just think we are seeing the real Jack Grealish, just a hugely over hyped English player, as someone just said Alvarez in one 20 min cameo showed more than Grealish did most of last season.

I do agree that he's wasted out wide but where to play him. He's no box to box Gerard type not that we need one or play like that.
Alongside and further forward than de Bruyne? Would leave Rodri exposed.
Unfortunately playing him is creating more questions then answers.
Throw in the fact that we are now playing with a different sort of striker and this could be a transitional season.

Minimum disruption would be to play

Foden Haaland Mahrez
Gundo KDB

I should add he's best when playing off the cuff. Like Currie, Marsh, Worthington etc for those old enough to remember. But under Pep there's no room for that sort of player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.