Avanti suspends ticket sales and running only one train per hour to London

We could pick 'n choose the best time and two returns with railcards came in at £150 on Virgin. A couple of months ago I checked Avanti and they wanted t'other side of £450. First class, naturally!
I use(d) virgin the other way for City games from MK, and if booked enough ahead, you could often get return for under £30, and I often upgraded to first class, there haven't been any discounted tickets since the start of covid. Full price "anytime" tickets are a joke, since fans returned to football I can count on one hand the number of times I've used Avanti, and nearly every train has been delayed.

Joke of a company.

It's been privatised for years, this problem isn't due to privatisation no matter how hard you want it to be.

and it's being getting worse every years for years. Let's reverse the question, what benefit has privatization brought to the table? It's failed everywhere, water, gas, electricity, transport, telecoms. it's designed for a quick buck with long term pain. We've spent the quick buck now we're in the long term pain era for the foreseeable future.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.