Brentford (H) | Post-Match Thread

So hallamd was shit today its no service, akanji getting pelters but no protection from midfield, seems akanji is now the new whipping boy, Mahrez will be happy
Gundogan is getting away with being none existent again because he's everybody's favourite.

So the back were awful? What about midfield? And halland? So it's now all on the defence, it was a shit show, says it all when in my opinion ederson was MOTM
Last time I looked, KDB and Rodri were midfielders!
As for Haaland, we know what his strengths are and if we don't supply him with the right ammunition he's very isolated
Look at the Bournemouth game earlier this season. We ran out easy winners practically without Haaland touching the ball
If, as someone said earlier, Haaland is surrounded by three centre halves, we outnumber the opposition in other areas, so what is our world class midfield doing?

I don’t think that’s inside but it looks bang on the line.
Now correct me if I’m wrong but isn’t on the line class as a penalty?
Yep.

Even if 99% of the ball is outside the box, provided just a tiny bit of the ball is over even the edge of the line, that counts as inside the box and is a penalty. There is no way on this god's earth that ALL of the ball is outside even the outside edge of the box. No fucking way, and any non-biased, non-corrupt official would acknowledge that.

That was disappointing to say the least, we weren’t at it from the beginning and we just looked flat throughout.

I thought it was a mistake to play Gundogan again, he has looked slow this season especially defensively, the opposition just seem to leave him for dead when they attack, and because it sticks Bernardo out on the wing, where he’s wasted. After Gundo missed that sitter in the 2nd half he should’ve been subbed.

Defensively we looked shaky all game and I know Akanji has done really well, but he’s not better than Dias and I was surprised he didn’t start.

We also need a left back, desperately, to get some balance back in the side.

The last few seasons we’ve always had these results at home - Wolves, Leeds, Palace at least twice and now Brentford, so I’m not too worried, just pissed off that we didn’t finish this part of the season with a positive result.

Not that it mattered on how we played today as never looked like scoring, but Laporte was down for 7 minutes, we had the linesman have to change his equipment so thats about 8.5 minutes in total plus blatant time wasting throughout and only 10 minutes added on, so take the 2 incidents away, less than 2 minutes added on where the usual is 4 to 5
Good job they didn’t add any more.

Sure everything that could be said will have already been said about that shit show, but the one overriding issue that drives me and my lad to distraction is the lack of pace in our side, it’s quite shocking how slow so many of our players are.

That said, in a world cup year where so many players are preoccupied, then 32 points from first 14 games is just about acceptable.

Pep needs to give his head a wobble about making subs, no excuse again for that today.
Another poster said the game has moved on in recent years and its all about the press, energy and pace these days and we are painfully slow and teams just leave us behind when breaking as we lack the desire and pace ti get back.

I think we had 10 non existent today, only ederson could hold his head up today in my opinion
We did but he's the source of the problem at the moment, he's not the player he was. He's too slow, can't shoot, can't tackle & hides from the ball. He spent the 90 stood next to Haaland.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.