Brentford (H) | Post-Match Thread

Were you on the verge of typing that out last week after 95 minutes?
Could easily have which is fsir enough. I think when we didn't have Haaland our goals came from great overlapping fullbacks. Slide rule ball inside theirs..pull back and one of six mids would score..coming onto the ball..so no VAR risk...its tougher with a CF when teams defend deep

Oh bollocks. For some reason I had it in my mind that today was a 15:00 kick-off so I just sat down ready to watch !! Ha ha. Came on here to see the post match thread already up and felt shit that I missed it, and to see we lost to Brentford at the Etihad was even worse. Fuck me. Sounds like I missed a shit game.

Wow, what the hell is with us lately ? Sounds like we should have out the midweek team back out and they could have done better. Brentford !! Wow. Wasn't expecting that. A team that only won 3 games all season before today. Fuck. Oh well, looks like I didn't miss much.

Looked like a team that did'nt want to try today, just turn up and collect 3 pts.
But what is worse is that we seemed to be playing for a penalty.
Whether that had anything to do with last weeks game i don't know but it isn't a good look.
The hunger for pts at the beginning of the season compared with recent performances is huge.
We were frightening back then but hit this 6 week break with a whimper.

Still a long way to go and set backs like today happen, not just for us but for every team.

His lack of Subs in games is truly Bizarre.

Especially after leading the campaign for the limit to go up.

How many Top tier managers would not have used up all their Subs today ?

We have games where we can be winning 3,4,-1 and he will literally take off the entire midfield with 20 minutes still left.And part of you is thinking fuck me this is a bit risky,we get a nervy backs to the wall ending from totally dominating the game.

Then you get games like today where he inexplicably does nothing.A token Sub on 85 minutes But takes off a defender.Game over.
He needs a strong assistant who can tell him he needs to make changes. Arteta and Lillo, both spiky characters. Is Maresca up to it?

Send for Dinho ASAP.

Less and less frequently but the typical City tag still rears it’s ugly head. The early kick off disaster class against 10 man Leeds springs to mind

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.