Brentford (H) | Post-Match Thread

Back down to earth with a bump! I'm fuckin pissed the fuck off!

Well played Brentford! They came with their physical, pacey 5-3-2, snuffed out our wide attacks, crowded their penalty area & we had no answers to get past their red & white wall!

We were poor in the first 20 mins & it was little surprise Brentford went ahead. We controlled the game, but just huffed & puffed around their area as we tried to get through up to 9 of their outfield players massed in their box.

I said on 15 minutes that only individual worldies would get us a result, & we saw one from Foden to equalise on the stroke of halftime.

VAR was frustrating, but aside from the Laporte foul I had no issues. As for the foul on Laporte, if him being wrestled to the ground isn't a penalty, then what the fuck is! \0/

None of our players particularly stood out & we suffered through not having an overlapping right back, which is why I barely saw Bernardo for the first 35 mins.

On a final note, I said at the start of the season, Gomez, Alvarez, Akanji & Philips would be key this season. Gomez isn't ready for regular PL/CL football, so with Walker out we've literally ONE senior full back AGAIN! Philips has been injured all season so far, Alvarez has been a moderate success, but only Akanji can be considered a success so far this season.

We need to sort out this full back issue which has been plaguing us for years! I'm fuckin sick & tired of playing a right back as left back & our first FB reserves being centre backs. We've gotta do better! :-|

It was Ivan Toney's day, so we've got 6 weeks to pick ourselves up, lick our wounds, dust ourselves down & prepare to go again.

Agreed but I think Laporte was our best player today.

It was like only Laporte, Bernardo, Foden and Ederson came to play.

Everyone else had a shit game, including Haaland and KDB and Gundo and Cancelo and Rodri and Stones.
Cancelo was awful.

All on Pep. That was a disaster from start to finish. Yes, the players were poor (especially Kev and Gundo), but he had options on the bench and decided not to use them. What an insult to Jack and Riyad after their performances in midweek.

We were dead on our feet and you could tell the goal was coming. Akanji is nowhere near Dias - purple patch over. We really missed Ake and Kyle.

5 points is recoverable, but we have to be so much better after the World Cup.

The only good thing out of the first part of the Premier League is Liverpool are miles off, and we can bank 10 points above them,

I hate the manager coming out and say we are very knackered ? Well, use your bench more
you can use half of the 10 outfield players if you like, it's not like we don't have quality on the bench

pretty much nailed on today, we would get found out because it's been 3 or 4 weeks like this and pep defending them

All on Pep. That was a disaster from start to finish. Yes, the players were poor (especially Kev and Gundo), but he had options on the bench and decided not to use them. What an insult to Jack and Riyad after their performances in midweek.

We were dead on our feet and you could tell the goal was coming. Akanji is nowhere near Dias - purple patch over. We really missed Ake and Kyle.

5 points is recoverable, but we have to be so much better after the World Cup.
His lack of Subs in games is truly Bizarre.

Especially after leading the campaign for the limit to go up.

How many Top tier managers would not have used up all their Subs today ?

We have games where we can be winning 3,4,-1 and he will literally take off the entire midfield with 20 minutes still left.And part of you is thinking fuck me this is a bit risky,we get a nervy backs to the wall ending from totally dominating the game.

Then you get games like today where he inexplicably does nothing.A token Sub on 85 minutes But takes off a defender.Game over.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.